My fiancee and I just recently got back from a Vacation for a friends wedding at Dreams La Romana in Bayahibe and it was fantastic! We were booked in building 7, check in was a breeze, they brought our bags to our room - and a bottle of rum was waiting for us! Air Conditioning in the room was PERFECT!
Tip - the key card goes in the slot by the bathroom to turn on your lights, if this is your first time at a resort this might cause some distress, haha.
I'm a vegetarian and ate very well - try to avoid the Oceana Grill and French Restro as your options are extremely limited there. Long pants are required at the French and Italian dining options - and Flip Flops on men are a bad idea for your dinner/supper.
During the weekend it seemed there was a conference and buses of locals filled the resort, to the point service went extremely down hill. It was a bit too crowded - week days are the best days at this resort.
Don't purchase all your goods on the resort, or even at the vendors - it's cheaper at the Grocery and Shopping stores in the small fishing village of Bayahibe which is a 10 minute walk west of the resort. Price things at the resort before bargaining with the vendors on the beach - they will try and rip you off, and over charge. Be firm and you'll be happy with your purchases.
We swam with Sharks and Stingrays on a wonderful Catamaran cruise with the Marinararium Tour in Punta Cana area - the drive is a tad long (especially if you fly into Punta Cana too) but it was WELL worth it. Underwater cameras are a must!!
There were some complaints on here about the beach, and how it had a "rocky" landscape on some parts - trust me, the sand is plenty and the landscape isn't the rocks your thinking of, it's beautifully sculped coral - as seen in the photos posted. It's a real Dominican coast line, real life - stunning beautiful.
Alexis in the swim up bar is the most animated of all the employees - make sure to not forget your money at this bar for a good tip - he deserves it!
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time spent at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa on the sun drenched southeast coast of the Dominican Republic is an unforgettable adventure for singles, couples and families. Here, you’ll discover a tranquil world that gives you one of nature’s most pristine beaches, a sea of vivid turquoise and most importantly, the special feeling of being welcomed as a most honored with all attendant privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® — where everything is included.You will be transformed by the calming power of the tropical jungle and palm lined beach that borders your vacation hideaway. Lounging by our large crystalline pools, or wandering among our tropical gardens, you’ll soon feel time and tension melt away. From the moment we greet your arrival, you will be delighted by your surroundings and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.