We stayed for 3 nights in March. Beautiful rooms with antique French beds. Our hosts Gilly and John were very welcoming. The cottage sits next to the river on the edge of pretty Ashford in the Water. We did a nice round walk straight from the cottage up to Monsal Head and back. Breakfasts were wonderful using locally sourced produce. Gilly's ginger and lime marmalade is to die for along with her crunchy home made toast. Enter this in a local show Gilly your sure to win!
There are two pubs in the village 5-10 mins walk away ( torch provided) The Ashford Arms was pretty good pub food with friendly waiting staff. The recommended Packhorse at Little Longstone was booked up, so try booking several days in advance, next time perhaps.
This was our first time in a B&B usually choosing a cottage or Hotel, we would highly
recommend staying at Riverside Cottage a professional and friendly service
- Also Known As:
- River Cottage Hotel
- River Cottage Hotel Ashford-In-The-Water
- River Cottage Ashford-In-The-Water, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning 5 star boutique B&B in Ashford-in-the-Water, arguably the prettiest village in the Peak District National Park. Beautiful riverside location, great local produce breakfast, quality dining a stroll away and stunning walks from the front door. 10 minutes from Chatsworth House, 5 minutes from Haddon Hall and at the start of the Monsal Trail. Spend lazy afternoons sitting by the river feeding the trout, or come and walk the trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your River Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.