Angkor Night Market
A place designed to give visitors a safe, secure, and enjoyable shopping and dining experience in a vibrant, contemporary ethnic environment.
As well as a wide variety of stalls offering a diverse range of goods and services in a hassle-free environment, the Angkor Night Market includes the ambient Island Bar and food court serving all the usual drinks, cocktails and large menu of Asian and Western cuisine from the afternoon until late night.
Newsflash December 2012: There was a big fire at the market and it will be at least temporarily out of action.
Most of the popular bars are located on what is known as "Pub Street", and the smaller side streets branching off from it. Nightlife goes on until the morning some nights in this area. However, visitors can make a fundamental choice - do they wish to dine at places geared (and priced) basically for tourists only? Or do they wish to dine or party at 'local places'? Your choice. Some visitors prefer local restaurants - for example on the strip over the river from the main Pub Street district and away from the Irish pubs and English Sports bars that cater, presumably, for holiday makers who really miss home!
Pub Street itself is becoming a bit more of a dinner street than a nightlife street. The Angkor What? bar and the Temple Club are the exceptions, with ground shaking music going on well into the evening, or morning, and plenty of backpackers shaking to the beat. Off of Pub Street the following places also see a fair bit of night time action.
- The X Bar is now by far the post 3 AM venue of choice, rocking on through dawn virtually every night. Good food, movie nights regularly.
- Tuk Tuk Bar is a little hidden gem. Up from X Bar by about 5 minutes. It is as it says on the label, a converted Tuk Tuk brought from Thailand, but with a twist. It has a vast selection of cheap cocktails and beer. Hong, one of the owners, is a proffesional flair tender and will happily wow you with his tricks as he makes your cocktail. It's one of the only bars in Siem Reap open 24 hours and you will certainly see it busy from 2am until and beyond the sun rises. Perfect for the late night owls! Oh and has music to dance to and some themed parties including DJ's and brass instruments. For latest details on what is happening go to https://www.facebook.com/tuktuk.bar.
- Mezze Bar is a tapas restaurant with a Khmer & Middle Eastern feel to it. With ambient lighting, string curtains and plush seating in its main lounge area, it is known as the place to relax and enjoy great food, a wide range of cocktails, wines and cuban cigars. There is a resident DJ spinning chillout tunes. Enjoy the view of the street from the balcony and the goings on below on the street. Special events are put on weekly or fortnighly such as Salsa nights, live bands and DJ dance parties. Check out http://www.mezzebarsiemreap.com for the latest news. It is located just round the corner from Pub street, a couple of doors down from the Red Piano.
- Abacus is known for its great food, but is also a a nice bar, a bit more of a French crowd, but definitely one of the places to be in town.
- Miss Wong Cocktail Bar. This old-Shanghai-themed boîte has cherry-red walls and gold silk lanterns. On a typical night, a mix of men and women, expatriates and tourists, artists and entrepreneurs, all mingled over lemon-grass-infused vodka concoctions and mocha martinis topped with dollops of chocolate. Or, slip into one of the intimate leather booths for an Indochine Martini, a mixture of vodka, ginger cognac and fresh pineapple juice. Open 6pm until Late in the small lane behind Pub street, Old market Area.
- The Laundry Bar maintains its hold on those looking for a more mellow experience, with fantastic lounge music and great atmosphere.
- The Warehouse is the place to kick off a big night, and will often go late if the mood is right. Probably the best cocktails in town, and a variety of music depending on the evening and the bar tender's urges. Also probably the best place to be for football viewing. Good food.
- Aqua Sydney is a swimming pool/bar and a nice place to while away some hours morning, noon, or night. A bit off the beaten track but worth finding.
- The Funky Munky has moved, but will likely retain the same midday and early evening mayhem they are famous for at their new location near Pub Street. Excellent English pub grub.
- The Ivy Bar serves some of the best European food around. Not a late night bar, but an ex-pat favorite and a good place to sit for dinner and a few drinks with a chance to hear some of the local gossip.
- Cafe Bar-Noir! Located in The Cockatoo Nature Resort, on the second floor of an elegantly restored/renovated Khmer house, this bar is unique - it holds movie nights for cineastes, with focus on film classics including Hollywood film-noir (hence the name). Cocktails are named after movies such as Gilda and Double Indemnity. Semi-open verandah overlooks beautiful pool and gardens, making a very romantic venue at night.
As you can see, there is no shortage of entertainment in Siem Reap, once the sun goes down.
Pyramid Mega Entertainment Club
You can say it is the place to be seen for upscale young trendy cambodian, this place has everything from the Karaoke Lounge, to Beer Garden, from chinese restaurant to Discotheque which spins the latest track of R&B, HIP HOP, TRANCE. It is always crowded during teh weekend, with special lighting effects.
Zone One Club
Popular spot for party goers in Siem Reap, every day seems like the weekend at this place due to the fact that it is always packed with locals as well as foreigners. It's a disco, with an outside restaurant and karaoke rooms. The disco mostly plays the latest Korean, Japanese and Khmer mix techno...
Joe To Go Cafe is an NGO Cafe that supports asustainable education project. This cafe is just located behind the central cafe close to Phsar Chas, Old market. People can take the real peaceful time, and warm welcome place for dinner and take a break with the view of the boutique at the second floor.