View all photos (91)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Cozumel’s fixed tours can feel rushed and impersonal. Take the day at your own pace with a private sightseeing tour. Explore the town, visit a chocolate factory and learn more about the island’s history with the option to visit its Mayan ruins. Relax during your trip with tequila-tasting and time to unwind on Palancar beach, with pier pickup and drop-off also included.
You’ll have 4 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Playa PalancarStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Mi Mexico Lindo Tequila TourStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Cozumel International AirportStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Pueblo del MaizStop: 45 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 5San Gervasio Mayan Archaeological SiteStop: 45 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Travel around the island’s dispersed locations with ease, in an air-conditioned minibus, with pier pickup and drop-off included
- Benefit from the undivided attention, insights and recommendations of your private guide
- All entrance fees (except San Gervasio Mayan ruins) included in the price
- Savor a taste of Mexican culture with tequila tasting, and learn more about the island with a range of activities
What to Expect
Meet your guide at your arrival pier at a convenient time. With your party, head off on a tour of Cozumel’s attractions by air-conditioned vehicle. Begin with a tour of the town’s landmarks, then visit a chocolate factory to learn how chocolate was produced and used by the Mayan people as well as Pueblo del Maiz to learn to make corn tortillas. Next, get a taste of tequila, a Mexican specialty, before heading to the historic San Gervasio Mayan ruins (entry not included). Then, cruise the Coastal Highway and enjoy the views, stopping to take pictures as you wish. Pause for lunch based on your guide’s recommendations (own expense), before finishing your day on Palancar beach, where you can snorkel, swim or snooze in a “hamaca” between the coconut trees. At the end of your adventure, be dropped off back at the pier for your ferry to the mainland.
Coastal Highway South, Carretera Costera Sur, Quintana Roo, Mexico Coastal Highway South, Carretera Costera Sur, Quintana Roo, Mexico Avenida Rafael E. Melgar, Av. Rafael E. Melgar, Centro, San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico Avenida Rafael E. Melgar, Av. Rafael E. Melgar, Centro, San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
- All activities
- Local taxes
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Playa Palancar
- Entry/Admission - Mi Mexico Lindo Tequila Tour
- Entry/Admission - Cozumel International Airport
- San Gervasio Mayan Ruins fee ($10.50 USD per person),
- Guide inside San Gervasio ($20USD)
- Entry/Admission - Pueblo del Maiz
- Entry/Admission - San Gervasio Mayan Archaeological Site
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important: At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Important: Departures are available every 30 minutes from 8am to 5pm. Please contact the local tour operator to advise of your chosen time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Buffalo, New York20
JUAN is great!
We had a private AC van with Juan as our guide. He was amazing- very knowledgable of the area and very kind. We…
Greensboro, North Carolina239
Our group consisted of 8 adults. All of our communication before hand was done via email. All of our questions…
Good overall but a bit more touristy than I expected
Our driver was great, friendly, on time and professional. No complaints there! We stopped at a local market for a…
I highly recommend this Tour. My tour guide Leo was just great. He taught me so much about the history of…
We had a great day with Sergio - he is extremely knowledgeable and super friendly. Showed us Canadians a great…
Amazing Personalized Experience of Cozumel!
Our driver Sergio was very friendly and knowledgable and made suggestions on where we may want to go on our…
3 Hour Tour was PERFECT
Our 3 hour Tours Plaza tour with Gerry as our tour guide was perfect. Gerry is an absolute gentleman with a very…
Aldo is the Best!
My husband and I recently took the private tour for 5 hours with a driver from Tours Plaza in Cozumel seeking to…
Private tour for my group.
Gerry was an amazing tour guide. We had the best time ever with him. Definately will be using them again.
Cozumel stop with Gerry
Fun stop with Gerry on our cruise. Shopping. Sightseeing. History. Tequila. Very knowledgeable & interesting…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071