View all photos (10)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
In 62 A.D. a violent earthquake struck the Vesuvius area. Seventeen years later, on August 24, 79 A.D., the sudden eruption of Vesuvius buried Pompeii and Herculaneum with ashes and lapillus. The buried cities were rediscovered in the 16th Century, but it was only in 1748 that the exploration phase began under the King of Naples Charles III of Bourbon. Our guides will bring you this ancient resort towns to life. After a lovely travel along the Tirrenian Coast we will reach Paestum. Here myth and legend coexist. The Temple of Ceres, the Temple of the Neptune, the Amphitheater (a Typical Roman Building), and the National Archeological Museum, which allows the visitors to retrace the Greek, Lucan and Roman History of the city. Here a unique example of Greek painting is kept: The Diver's Tomb.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Pompeii Archaeological ParkStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Parco Acheologico di ErcolanoStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Museo Archeologico Nazionale di PaestumStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Private professional guide inside the archeological area of Pompeii
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Pompeii
- Private professional guide inside the archeological area of Herculaneum
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Herculaneum
- Private professional guide inside the archeological area of Paestum
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Paestum
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- Entry/Admission - Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Paestum
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Customers with physical limitations can walk inside the archeological areas
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Rome Italy Explora
It was absolutely amazing!
They were wonderful and efficient, Got is very close to the Pope. After a wonderful experience with the Pope, they …
If you have no mobility issues this should be a must see!
Settled by the Etruscans 2500 years ago, it was largely abandoned in the 16th century following an earthquake. Ou…
Italy countryside tour
First off I want to say that I found a new friend in Rossana...She truly is a great tour guide. We had so much fun…
Once in a lifetime experience!
Rosanna is the BEST! Excellent communication while booking and leading up to tour. PRIVATE tour for three of us: P…
We attended the Papal Audience it was indoor and packed. I applied for tickets a few months ago and collected them …
Ticket was not accepted
This is a scam, the museum said that they did NOT have business dealings with who ever issued the ticket. So I was …
Rome = Love forever
A beautiful magic night in Rome with the one you love. Rome is the eternal city made for those who are in love. Tha…
Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento & Amalfi Coast!
Traveling with 6 other relatives thought parts of Italy in a guided tour we only had one day for ourselves to do wh…
Mr & Mrs C Muscatello
I will definitely book my prepaid tickets from Rome Italy Explora next time. No long line ups, good price and value…
Private “Day Tour of Positano and Amalfi Coast”
Rossana & Luigi of "Rome Italy Explora" make such a TERRIFIC team !!! We absolutely LOVE them and would recommend …
A visit back in time.
My father-in-law was at Monte Cassino in 1943 when the Allies invaded Italy so this was a trip to see what he had t…
San Giovanni Rotondo
Great visit to see St Pio with Rossana Lanucara and the driver. Such a great experience and made even better with …
Rossana Lanucara, our guide and Rodriguez, the driver provided the four of us a marvelous and enlightening 12 hour …
What an awesome Tour! Highly recommended! Rosanne did such a fantastic job. Both sites are a must see. The beautifu…
We booked a tour of the Amalfi Coast 2 yrs ago where we first met the fabulous Rossana and Luigi as our tour guide …
- Duration: 12–13 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071