View all photos (18)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Etna and Alcantara tour allows you to visit, in a single day, some of the most beautiful places of the Etna volcano and in the afternoon the famous Alcantara Gorges. Accompanied by our nature guides in the morning you will visit, moving aboard 4x4 vehicles, some of the points of interest of great naturalistic value on the eastern and northern slopes of the volcano, among which the secondary button craters and the most recent lava flows and will not Visit the immense caldera of the Valle del Bove. The tour also includes a visit to a lava cave equipped with a helmet and speleologist lights to understand how these fascinating natural ravines are formed. At the end of the first part of the day we will stop at an Etna shelter where we will offer a refreshment based on typical products, accompanied by homemade bread and Etna wine. In the afternoon we will dedicate it to the transfer and visit to the beautiful Alcantara Gorges.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mount EtnaStop: 5 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Alcantara River ParkStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
You'll end at
Piazza Sant'Alfio, 95039 Trecastagni CT, ItalyOpposite the sanctuary, at the tourist info point cottage.
See address & details
Piazza Sant'Alfio, 95039 Trecastagni CT, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Typical specialties of Etna and Sicily (report any dietary needs)
- Equipment for visiting a volcanic cave (lights and helmet)
- Municipal entrance ticket to the Alcantara Gorges (€ 2)
- Transportation services from our meeting point for Etna and Alcantara
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
- Entry/Admission - Alcantara River Park
- Entrance ticket to the Botanical and Geological Park (10 €) - Optional
- Transfer from Hotel (Extra service starting from € 10)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
An excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide. From the minute the tour started the guide gave us the history o…
Educational and enjoyable Jeep tour
We really enjoyed spending 4 hour in a Jeep touring Mt. Etna. Our tour guide Pierpaolo was very knowledgable and fu…
Etna at sunset, in the clouds. Amazing!
First of all; our guide "Seb" was really great. He had a lot of knowledge regarding basically all volcanos and expl…
One of the most amazing experiences in my life so far!!!
These last vacations, end of July I went to Sicily; Palermo and Catania, and one of my absolutely must dos was to v…
Very worth Trip!
We had a very nice trip, very good guide (he knew alot of vulcano’s and we had the feeling he was really really kee…
This tour was excellent in every aspect. Our tour guide, Luca, was patient, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and kind. …
Foggy tour, but with special sunset and talkative guide.
Our tour started on Saturday afternoon and it was our last day on Sicily. So it was last chance to visit Etna park.…
Our guide was very friendly, helpful and was realy very knowleadgeable about the Etna and volcanos in general. We w…
Amazing sights and passionate tour guides!
We took the Etna trip mid September and had the best time! Had trouble with our rental car and so the agency helped…
6 of us completed the half day jeep tour this morning and it was amazing! Our tour guide PierPaolo was extremely kn…
Etna Half Day Jeep Tour
PierPaola was our guide this morning - he was an excellent and we would thoroughly recommend the tour to others.
Pick your day
It is impressive but if you want to see the actual volcano you need to have good weather ( we didn’t unfortunately)…
The guides were all so helpful and gave us so much information. They answered all questions and were so friendly. T…
I did this tour with my family and we had the best time! The guide was excellent and the views were amazing. We wer…
Loved our visit, Luca was great and very knowledgeable. Also, extremely patient with the boys and took time to answ…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071