View all photos (44)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Immerse yourself in Florence’s culinary culture on a deli and market tour that provides a great introduction for first-time visitors. Rather than just eating Florentine food, you meet local vendors and sample delicacies like boutique chocolate and balsamic vinegar, which you may otherwise have missed. Plus, your guide is on hand to provide enough restaurant recommendations to last your entire vacation.
- Get an insider glimpse into Florence's food scene
- Tour markets and learn about local cuisine from a guide
- Sample delicacies that you may otherwise have missed
- All tasting samples are included
What to Expect
Your market tour begins at a central Florence location, where you’ll greet your guide and head straight to a market favored by Florentines for their weekly groceries. Learn about the products each stand sells, which include cheese, pasta, and poultry, and chat with local food vendors. Then, you’ll head to an Italian shop that specializes in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, prosciutto (ham), and balsamic vinegar to sample the delicacies. Stop, too, at a boutique chocolate shop for a cappuccino and a couple of chocolates before touring a wine cellar right beside Florence Cathedral or Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Florence Duomo). Your tour culminates with a visit to another market, where you’ll feast your eyes on freshly baked bread, goat cheese, and roasted porchetta mushrooms. Following a glass of wine and crostini (toasted bread with a topping), your tour concludes at your original departure point.
Piazza Sant'Ambrogio, Firenze FI, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Food tastings
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: You will enjoy a walk around a local farmers' market where locals shop for their daily food. Each farmer sells a specialty from their farm, like Armando and his selection of mushrooms from the hills of the Garfagnana mountains close to Lucca.
- You'll also see local butchers, fishmongers, bakers, and family-run salumi & cheese stands, which helps promote local producers in the region and gives you more insight into local products.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
About the operator
By: Florence Urban Adventures
Birmingham, United Kingdom52
The full flavours of Firenze!
Linda was the perfect guide, knowledgeable, fun and friendly and gave my Mum and I the best insight into local…
Great all around tour
I went to this tour with my mother and we both thoroughly enjoyed the tastes and our tour guide, it was superb.…
Great Market tour with Linda!
Our family of 4 had a fantastic afternoon with Linda on the Mercato Centrale & San Lorenzo Market Food Lovers…
One of the best tours in Firenze!
Today was an absolute privilege to learn how to make Pizza in Florence with Linda and Mangia Pizza. From the…
New York City, New York2116
A superb taste of Florence
Everything about this tour was great. It starts with Sara, our local, extremely knowledgeable guide. We walked,…
Great Tour! Would do it again.
I've done a few tours with Urban Adventures. This one is up to the same standard. Great food, good information…
Urban Adventures is wonderful!
I've done a few tours with Urban Adventures in Florence as well as Venice. They never disappoint! Not only do you…
Wonderful and delicious foodies walk in Florence. I love food, especially italian food - so this was the perfect…
Great Time! So happy we did this tour!
This was a great time and tour with our guide Anna! The food was great! Our guide shared a lot of wonderful…
Firenze with Francesco
Early morning rain did not deter this walk from north to south Francesco shared his Firenze - the history, the…
- Florence Urban Adventures
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071