Heraklion Walking Tour with Skip the Line Palace of Knossos and Local Tapas
Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (14)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
You can’t leave Heraklion, the capital of Crete, without visiting the world-famous Palace of Knossos, home of the minotaur! But this time, we’ll do it with a twist! Instead of visiting the famous archaeological site during its peak hours with throngs of tourists wandering around, we would like to invite you on a more eclectic journey! Together, we’ll explore a hidden side of the city, taste local treats and then walk through the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete, which has been called Europe's oldest city — all with skip-the-line access!
You'll start at
Plateia Eleftherias, Iraklio, GreeceLiberty Square or known as Eleftherias Square, in the city centre. Our guide will be standing next to the statue, in the middle of the square.
See address & details
- 125th of August StreetStop: 90 minutes -See details
- 2The Palace of KnossosStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedSee details
Liberty Square, Plateia Eleftherias, Iraklio, Greece
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local licensed guide during Knossos Palace visit
- Private transportation
- Local sweets, olives and cheese, a meze platter, which are local tapas. The food provided should be more than enough to allow you to skip lunch!
- Coffee or soft drink
- Knossos Entrance Fee (approx. €15).
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Additional food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - The Palace of Knossos
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We save you time by buying entrance tickets in advance so you can skip the lines.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: On this tour you will visit 100% local, family-owned businesses and meet vendors at a local market who sell their own and Cretan-only products.
- All of the food you sample during your tour is sourced from local villages, farmers, and stock-breeders of Crete.
- As part of your tour you will have lunch in a locally-run tavern that serves traditional Cretan dishes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Crete Urban Adventures
Most incredible travel experience!
We had the best time with Giannis! We wanted adventure and to see unique things coming to Greece. This tour with Ur…
This tour was the highlight of my trip in Herlakion. Papatya gave me an interesting tour of the city while highlig…
Crete Urban Adventures goes above and beyond
I spent almost 12 hours with Yiannis - and what a great experience that was. Not only is he a charismatic guy with …
Get the Inside Scoop, and have a Ton of Fun!
This was our best night out in Crete, hand's down. The tour was not only a very educational look at Crete, Chania,…
Sightseeing, food and hiking tour of Chania
I came to Chania because I knew that it is a mountainous region with a lot of history, good food and a lot of beaut…
Personalized tour of rural Chania, including olive oil, wine tasting and custom dinner prepared by locals.
I can't recommend this experience enough! My husband and I reached out to Rebecca for a customized tour of Chania i…
Best tour with Yiannis
My parents and I had an excellent walking and food tour of Chania with Yiannis. He was very knowledgeable about the…
Knowledgeable and friendly tour guide!
Yiannis was a great tour guide for my family. He was knowledgeable about Crete’s history and took us to great spots…
Perfect day tour :)
Perfect day tour with my guide Manos ! :) I had the chance to discover typical and LOVELY Greek villages (like in a…
Amazing local experience in Chania
Incredible hospitality from our guide and hosts for our local lunch, would recommend this tour to anyone traveling …
Best Evening in Crete
John’s tour of Chania was the highlight of our time in Crete. He is incredibly knowledgeable in the history of the…
Great tour very family friendly ! Cannot recommend this tour enough ! We learned so much and the food was amazing .…
Charming and enlightening tour and guide
We loved the food and wine sampling and Papatya was so full of energy and interesting facts and anecdotes. Her pass…
This is a must do. Great insight in Chania.
We were exceedingly lucky, as there was only 2 of us, and the tour went ahead anyway! I always try to book small …
Tour of Chania Highly recommended 👍
Antonia gave us an amazing tour. He had great energy was pleasant and informative. We experienced great food, learn…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071