Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Get off the beaten path and discover an alternative side to Copenhagen. Visit the achingly hip area of Vesterbro, the Mndenes hjem homeless shelter and the red—not to mention the green—light districts, among other areas including the self-declared "Free State of Christiana." Discover and explore everything from untrammelled working-class districts to neighbourhoods crammed with bearded hipsters.
- You'll start atEspresso HouseVesterbrogade 2A, 1620 København V, DenmarkYour Alternative Tour of Copenhagen starts in the center of the city at Espresso House Rådhuspladsen (Vesterbrogade 2A). Look for the SANDEMANs NEW Europe team with a red t-shirt and red umbrella.See address & details
- 1RadhuspladsenStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2VesterbroStop: 90 minutesSee details
- 3ChristianiaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll end atFreetown ChristianiaFreetown Christiania, Copenhagen Municipality, DenmarkYour Alternative Copenhagen Tour ends at Christiania.See address & details
Espresso House, Vesterbrogade 2A, 1620 København V, Denmark
Freetown Christiania, Copenhagen Municipality, Denmark
- Local guide
- Transportation to Christianshavn
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children up to 12 years old are welcome to join this tour for free. We reserve the right to ask for a valid ID for children joining our tours
- The independent guides with whom we work have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites and stories below and lasts about 3 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group!
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- As tour groups aren't permitted in Christiania, your guide will leave you to explore it for yourself at the end of the tour
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
It is great to visit new places, however if you do not go on a guided tour or if you are not shown around by someone who knows the city, you may miss a lot of details about it. The free guided tour with Ben was really cool - we got to know many facts about Copenhagen, some fun…
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
The tour was great. Ben was friendly and very informative. The places we went to help us for the rest of the trip. The staff of the was friendly and very helpful too. I recommend them to anyone
We joined the tour on a beautiful tuesday afternoon together with three others. We started our tour in Vesterbro and then we went with the metro to Christianshavn. The metro was included in the costs of the tour itself. We not only got to know a lot about the homeless people,…
Date of experience: October 2019
Ashton was brilliant and gave us such a lot of information in an amusing way. We saw a lot of places we wouldn’t have explored and he was very entertaining! Strongly recommended!
Date of experience: September 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: SANDEMANs NEW Copenhagen Tours
It was an original and pleasant idea, the tour is quite well managed. It changes from Berlin and gives us the feeli…
Very enjoyable and informative
This was a very informative walking tour highlighting the history of Denmark. Our guide Martin did a great job weav…
Informative and Interesting!
Felix was great guide. He took us on a lovely tour encompassing many interesting places. Worth the money just to br…
maybe an off day...?
I don't usually leave poor reviews, but I do feel the need to be honest here. Maybe my tour guide is new, he was…
Worth every penny
I booked this tour on my first day in Copenhagen and I was not disappointed. The tour guide (I can’t remember his n…
Ok tour but maybe not good value.
Tour was reasonable and the guide (Rhans) was very good. I was the only person there so the tour was run for me alo…
This was a wonderful tour with lots of details about past, present, and future of Copenhagen. The guide was very ni…
Rahn gave a great tour!
Myself and my partner went on the 2pm tour on 10/12/19. We had a really informative and interesting tour with our t…
Good trip but bring a torch!
The tour was interesting and the guide very friendly and knowledgeable. However, the last hour of the tour was in d…
Ben gave a great tour
Enjoyed our time with Ben on the "Must See Copenhagen Tour". Very friendly and knowledgeable, and a joy to spend th…
Ben was terrible
ive been to many walking tours and all guides are knowledgeable and friendly until i met ben. Ben is horrible. He d…
Allan was our guide for a free walking tour in Copenhagen.What a glorious guide! With him we could visit almost all…
BEST FREE WALKING TOUR EVER!
We went on a free walking tour with Allan and it was seriously the best guide tour I ever did. He is very very nice…
Highly personal touch and great tour !
Joined this tour while in Copenhegan. Though weather was cold and rainy, our guide Martin warmed our hearts by very…
Food Tour Value!
I went in late August 2019 and paid 40 Euros for the tour which started at 2:30 pm, and that was a good deal becaus…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Copenhagen Alternative City Tour
What time does Copenhagen Alternative City Tour start?
Copenhagen Alternative City Tour will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book Copenhagen Alternative City Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Copenhagen Alternative City Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Copenhagen Alternative City Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Copenhagen Alternative City Tour?
Copenhagen Alternative City Tour price starts from C$31.53. Discover and book Copenhagen Alternative City Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Copenhagen Alternative City Tour cancellation policy?
Copenhagen Alternative City Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Copenhagen Alternative City Tour on Tripadvisor