View all photos (17)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Lehtoahontie 27, 97220 Rovaniemi, Finland
Returns to original departure point
- Driving a silent and emission-free eSled - electric snowmobile into wilderness.
- You will learn how to drive a snowmobile through snowy forests
- Experience pure Lappish wintry nature in silence
- Visit to a hunting cabin
- Professional guiding in English
- Extra warm high quality two-piece snowmobile suit with all the necessary accessories
- Round trip transfers from the Rovaniemi area are included in the price
- Enjoy local made hot juice and sausages made over an open fire
- Distance & Duration, 15-25 km, about 3 hours, starting at 9:00 am
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Important information: One driver of one snowmobile must always be at least 18 years of age and a driver’s license is recommended for all drivers. According to the Finnish law, a driver’s license is not required on our normal safaris because of using private routes and properties. However, we always recommend all drivers to have driver’s license. The driver is held liable for damages caused to the vehicle. The maximum personal liability is 990 € / accident case. Please Kindly Note: In the case you are joining our safari alone, you must also choose the single supplement option to have an own eSled. Our policy is we do not recommend people, who are unknown to each other, to share a snowmobile together for safety reasons.
- Children of age 4-14 sit in a sleigh pulled by the guide maximum of 4 children/sleigh or 160 kg total weight. Children over 140 cm can sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.
- Infants younger than 4-year-old are not recommended to participate in safaris.
- Normally two adults share one eSled. Please Kindly Note: In the case you are joining our safari alone, you must also choose the single supplement option to have an own eSled. Our policy is we do not recommend people, who are unknown to each other, to share a snowmobile together for safety reasons.
- All the safaris include: Safety- and driving instructions, Warm Safari Outfit: Two-piece snowmobile suit, Helmet, Boots, Socks, Mittens, Balaclava and Scarf.
- Normally departures are size of 8 eSled + 4 children in sleigh (in total max. 16 adults and 4 children).
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
My family (2 adults, 2 kids aged 7 & 9) did the sunrise safari a couple of days ago. We were picked up from Santas village, which was great as I would have been a bit nervous about driving on the snowy roads. They provided snow suits, helmets and mittens. The kids quite happily…
Date of experience: December 2019
Response from Mikko K, Coordinator at Sunrise Safari to Hillside by Electric Snowmobiles
Responded Dec. 20, 2019
Dear JaneStreet, Thank you so much for this excellent and very detailed review! We are very happy to see that you are satisfied with your eSled safari experience. It seems you have really enjoyed the forest scenery and the atmosphere on our private wilderness routes. We have also sent your nice greetings back to Alexie :) We wish you all the best! Kindest Regards, Mikko / Aurora eMotion Team
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Aurora eMotion - Electric Snowmobile Safaris
London, United Kingdom163122
Great fun doing the snowmobile safari in the evening, in search of the northern light (which didn't appear). The…
Nuneaton, United Kingdom87
This was amazing, every minute thoroughly enjoyed didn’t want it to end. Matti our guide was great. We had a stop…
Great day out driving through the snow on the wonderful and very silent scooters. Thank you! It was a beautiful…
We started our safari at The Snow Hotel and rode across the frozen lake to enjoy riding the snowmobiles in the…
I loved driving the silent snowmobile in the beautiful forest. Amazing surroundings. The guide was also super…
Northern Lights at last
We were staying at the Glass Igloos in Lapland and this tour was offered via our travel agent. It was fantastic. …
Cold but Amazing
We booked this excursion online without a transfer as we had our own transport but the host kindly met us at the…
A must do in Rovaniemi !!
Awsooome ! The tour was great and just long enough to fully enjoy without getting too cold ! Our guide was so nice…
Four of us today went on the electric snowmobile tour today and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our guide Alexie was…
A once-in-a-lifetime-experience - would do it again
We booked our tour online: booking was easy, we directly got a confirmation email and also the pick-up-time at our…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071