Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
Norway, where it’s the national sport, is the best place to try or master skiing. In a small group and under the watchful eye of your instructor-guide, practice walking with skis and skiing over flat terrain, before building up the confidence to tackle small hills. Skis, ski boots, and ski poles are all provided, as are snacks and hot drinks to keep you warm.
- A small group size ensures personalized attention as you learn to ski
- Enjoy hassle-free round-trip transportation from Tromso to the ski site
- Skis, ski boots, and ski poles are all included
- Hot drinks and snacks are also provided
What to Expect
Having selected a morning or afternoon excursion, meet your guide at the central Tromso meeting point at the designated time. From there, travel to the lesson site just outside the city. Upon arrival, listen as your guide offers an introduction and then practice walking slowly with your skis. When confident, begin skiing over flat terrain. Continue practicing and, if you've built up your confidence, tackle some small hills. With a maximum group size of 10 people, your guide is always available to assist. After the short journey back to Tromso, your tour concludes with a drop-off back at the departure point.
Fredrik Langes gate 4, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Returns to original departure point
- Ski instructor
- Transport to and from Tromsø city centre
- Cross country skis, ski boots and ski poles
- Hot drink and lefse, local sweet snack.
- Winter clothes - but these can be rented separately at Tromsø Outdor Rental Center upon prior arrangement. Come in good time before the trip starts, you will find us on Sjøgata 14, open daily 9am-5pm. Hotel pick up and drop off is not available on this tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- IMPORTANT: Please advise shoe size (european) in the special requirements field at check out. If you fail to provide this information your booking may be cancelled.
- In case we have no snow in the area alternative activity or full refund of the tour costs will be offered.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- As the weather can change rapidly in Northern Norway to join this tour it is obligatory to wear warm and windproof clothes. Winter clothes are not included in the price of the tour, but can be rented separately at our rental center upon prior arrangement.
- From mid-February onward the sun can be surprisingly strong, especially because of the reflecting snow, so we recommend you also bring sunglasses and sun cream with you.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 9 more reviews on Viator
Really enjoyed this. Got to learn the basics and make it around a track without a problem. Definitely recommend it. The guide was excellent.
Joel our guide is awesome. He is patient, humorous encourahing and above so...so...understanding and helpful when...or if .....you fall.... helping you to your feet or giving the necessary advice to get there. An extremely exhilarating experience. I felt rejuvenated after the…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tromso Outdoor
Great bicycle trip
Great bicycle trip around Tromsø! Fun with a guide. Saw a lot of Tromsø in a short time. Higly recomended.
Very good advices
Very good advices to compare snow shoe and bike options and propose a snow shoe hike which was fitting to our group…
Lots of Fun!
The people at the shop were super helpful and had a lot of local knowledge and advice. We hired snow shoes for a d…
The people were friendly and the gear was great. They gave good advice on the area and I was able to rent the skis…
Hard work, but worth it!
As others have said, you need to have a good level of fitness for this snowshoe hike. When my partner and I were on…
A lot of information on where to practice snowshoeing, and quite easy-going when counting how long rental time real…
Great service allowing us to have a wonderful holiday. Travelled with 2 adults and 2 kids age 7&4. Everything was p…
Equipment for skying and hiking
Very friendly guides and good advices about the equipment we rented as well as tours in the mountains around Tromsø…
Cross country ski rental - very bad equipment
We rented some xc sky, the personnel was nice, but they gave us a very old equipment. Maybe my granny used it as we…
Exactly what I needed
Exactly what I needed to re-discover x-country skiing: a small group, an experienced coach, a few minutes only out …
I really appreciate that there are a place to offer the service of rent gear for the extreme weather. I'd like to s…
Nice place to rent outfit
We rented Arctic outfits from this shop. Nice costumes which helped us during our trip in Tromso. Very friendly peo…
Very helpful in getting us setup with snowshoes and providing numerous recommendations on local snowshoe trails.
Cross Country Ski Rental & Snow Shoeing Trips
The individuals at Tromso Outdoors were great. I rented crosss country skiis and as I am experienced in X-C skiing,…
Bikes in snow and ice
We were very well attended and the products are excellent, we like the boots and especially the fat bikes
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 243 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,621 travellers!