View all photos (26)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Explore Wineglass Bay inside Freycinet National Park on Tasmania’s East coast on this guided tour from Hobart. Along the way, travel through Orford and Swansea and stop at the historic Spiky Bridge and Spiky Beach. At Wineglass Bay, take a hike down to the beach for a swim or visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, and the Cape Tourville Lookout with a guide.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Freycinet National ParkStop: 11 hours - Admission includedWe depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails. As we enter the Freycinet peninsula, we have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters fresh from the surrounding waters. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world – famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill. From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with our tour guide, or for the keen walkers you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the walk down to Wineglass beach. Wineglass Bay Beach Walk – This is a 2.5 hr return walk and adequate fitness is required. Our tour has ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy your lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania to a stunning location. If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Lookout with our Tour Guide and explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & Great Short Walk. After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart. We have a short stop to see the local highlight, convict built Spikey Bridge and no trip to the East Coast is complete without a stop at the delicious Kate’s Berry Farm. Kate is serving up Berry Ice-creams, desserts and other sweet delights such as jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies, a delectable way to finish the day! We return to your Hobart City accommodation around 6.30 – 7.00pm. (Airport Drop Offs around 6.00 – 6.30pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking)Read more
See Important Information for details
- Choose between different walks at Freycinet National Park
- See views of the area’s pink granite mountains
- Try shellfish at Freycinet Marine Farm and treats from Kate’s Berry Farm
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is available (if option selected)
What to Expect
After being picked up at your hotel, head to Freycinet National Park on the East coast of Tasmania, driving through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea and stopping at the Spiky Bridge and Spiky Beach along the way. Once you arrive in Wineglass Bay, which is located in the national park, walk to the lookout and see views of the surrounding pink granite mountains. Plus, learn about your walking options from your guide. Either continue to walk down to Wineglass Beach where you can stroll the white sandy beach and swim (it’s about a 2.5- to 3-hour return trip) or stick with your guide and visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, and Cape Tourville Lookout on a short walk. On the return trip back to Hobart, stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm to try the local oysters, mussels, or crayfish and Kate’s Berry Farm for ice cream, jams, sauces, chocolates, and jellies. At the end of the tour, get dropped off at your hotel.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- National Park entrance fees
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
- Entry/Admission - Freycinet National Park
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase on tour)
- We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7:00am and 7:30am depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travellers
If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
Andrew picked us up on time and he was nice chatty guide. The itinerary was as following Stop 1: Sorell to grab a coffee and if needed get lunch as well. You might consider bringing packed lunch as this place doesn't have a lot of options. Stop 2: Marine farm. The aim of this…
This is a full day trip but 5hours will be spent on the road as it is a 2.5hours drive from Hobart to the National Park. Our guide was Dan. He was punctual and informative, took care of the whole group. We stopped by a local bakery to buy our own sandwiches for lunch, which…
Date of experience: November 2019
Response from ManagerToursTasmania, Manager at Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Active Day Trip from Hobart
Responded Dec. 3, 2019
It is fantastic to hear that you were able to visit all of the highlights on our Wineglass Bay & Freycinet Active Day Tour - Wineglass Bay Lookout, Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay & the Cape Tourville Lighthouse walk. Along the way you have also had time to visit Freycinet Marine Farm and Kate's Berry Farm. It is around a 2.5 hour drive from Hobart to the Freycinet National Park travelling along the Great Eastern Drive of Tasmania. We love Freycinet and we love Wineglass Bay including all of the hikes in the area. We do find that it is well worth the drive time to visit one of Tasmania's Iconic natural attractions that has also been voted as one of the World's Top 10 beaches! We offer a range of different stops along the way, refreshments stops, great views and lookouts, local produce - this all helps to break up the drive and allows us to explore a little more of the beautiful East Coast of Tasmania along the way.
I, once again, had Andrew for my tour guide. There was only one other person on the tour with me, so we got to do a few extra excursions. With that being said, Andrew was super open to do whatever we wanted, and let us stay at the site for as long as we wanted. The drive to the…
Date of experience: November 2019
Our guide Nick was great. The weather outlook wasn’t the best so he shuffled the tour stops so we actually got to see everything before the rain set in. The views in Frecinet and at Wineglass Bay are beautiful. Nick explained all of the local plants and wildlife while we hiked.…
Date of experience: October 2019
A great tour. Thoroughly enjoyed our driver and tour guide- Connor. He had a passion for local Australian history and he knew his stuff. Very knowledgeable and interesting. Recommend this tour. A full day. Tired but worth it. Thanks heaps, Connor!
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
By: Tours Tasmania
London, United Kingdom16393
Wonderful day out
This is a really good trip starting at 7am and finishing after 18.00. Our driver Nick was brilliant, very…
Great value tour
We had the pleasure of having Connor as our tour leader, a very polite young man. He has great knowledge of the…
Port Arthur historic trip
Great day for this site. Not too sunny or hot. The bus tour operator Nick was excellent. He wad informative and…
Great tours and Connor was fantastic
I did two one day trip departing Hobart - 1 day on Maria Island and 1 day Port Arthur & Devils and it was amazing.…
We had a great time with this tour!
My husband and I made the tour on Jan.,21st. Our guide was Beth, a very attentive and knowledgeable young lady.…
Awesome Day Trip from Hobart!
Our family of 3 (all adults) spent a lovely day on a small group tour. First, the tour was easy to book through…
Auckland, New Zealand10231
A nice hike to the lookout
Andrew picked us up on time and he was nice chatty guide. The itinerary was as following Stop 1: Sorell to grab a…
Port Arthur and Lavender Farm
Andrew was a knowledgeable and interesting guide. The tour was very well organized and a lot was packed into it.…
Dorset, United Kingdom20
Informative Day Out
Delightful day out. Port Arthur is a must for anybody interested in Australian history. Our guide Dan was very…
John with Tasmania tour did a very good job of giving us historical information. Went to different sites. We were…
- Duration: 11h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071