Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Swap your cruise ship for a small motorboat while in port in Paihia, and set sail around the stunning Bay of Islands. Zip around the bay’s 144 islands, stopping to visit two of them, and take part in fun activities including snorkeling and stand-up paddleboarding. Enjoy plenty of beach time, chance to hike around the islands, and spectacular views over the bay.
- Magnificent views of the Bay of Islands from the water
- Visit two different islands with beach time at each one
- Active tour including hiking, snorkeling, and stand-up paddleboarding
- Hassle-free shuttle transfer from Paihia cruise port
- Small group tours (20 people maximum)
- Scenic Cruise among 144 Islands
- Two remote island stopovers
- Swim, Snorkel and relax (all equipment provided)
- Wildlife spotting, commentary and information throughout the day
- Stand-up Paddleboarding (all equipment provided)
- Complimentary Morning Tea/Coffee and Biscuit
- A truly personalised, local experience
- Food and drinks (unless pre-ordered packed lunch)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: If you are arriving in Waitangi Wharf, the cruiseship provides FREE shuttle buses for cruise ship guests to transfer you into Paihia (5 minute bus ride) The bus will drop you off outside the Paihia Wharf next to our check-in location - SALT AIR HELICOPTER OFFICE
- PLEASE BRING LUNCH IF YOU HAVE NOT PRE-ORDERED A LUNCH PACK AT TIME OF BOOKING
- Suitable for families, couples and solo travellers
- Suitable for all ages
- Please bring a swimsuit & towel, and appropriate clothing for the day
- Please bring lunch& drink for the day
- Minimum numbers apply. (3 people) There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of departure will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- No-show will forfeit 100% of the ticket cost
- Cruise-ship guests need to insure their travel insurance covers them in the unlikely event that the cruise-ship does not stop in port, as we are unable to refund in these situations.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The beaches Nic and Yana took us were top notch! Warm and crystal clear water, snorkelling and stand up paddle boarding was so easy and fun! It’s the perfect way to explore the islands. Nic and Yana were so much fun and friendly, they surely know where to take us regardless the…
We loved Lin and Blue! We had a wonderful day with them, felt very safe on the water, and they kept us to time. They were very knowledgeable when it came to local customs and traditions and directed us to some nice walks and views. A great day for a reasonable price.
Date of experience: February 2020
We had a really great time! The tour guide knew everything there was to know about the islands! He spoke so passionate about it that it really made me excited! If you want to do a personalised tour in a small group where you don’t get the ‘mass tourism’ feeling, this is…
We have had a day we'll remember forever! Beautiful views, shimmering green waters and trying snorkeling and paddle boarding in the sea for the first time! Lin and Jake were really friendly and were interested in getting to know our names and where we came from. We even got a…
Date of experience: November 2019
This tour would have to have been the highlight to our trip to New Zealand, Adam and Linford made us feel welcome and relaxed and had plenty of interesting facts to share with us. They were also mindful of getting us back to our cruise ship on time as well :) We had the best…
Date of experience: January 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands
Exploring the Bay of Islands
My favourite part of the trip was snorkelling and paddle boarding in a remote island. Tip: bring some munchies and …
A lot of fun
Our family enjoyed this trip very much. If you like underwater diving or floating board, this is definitely a good …
Great way to get to see some of the islands with some snorkeling and paddle boarding thrown in
Had a fantastic day out around the islands, a good amount of time to see some of the secluded islands, do an easy w…
5hr Bay of islands tour
Fantastic day out exploring the Bay of islands. Paddle boarding, snorkeling, swimming, walking or just laying in th…
A Brilliant way to experience the Bay!
What a fun afternoon in the beautiful Bay of Islands! We were met by our super friendly guide Nic and taken out t…
A must do away from the crowf
Thanks Nick. We had such a wonderful afternoon. Two spectacular stops. Dolphins came. The whole family enjoyed the…
What a fantastic day out! the hike is spectacular, lots of spots to swim, and we all had an excellent time paddle b…
Absolute must do
Excellent day out right from the start, Nick was such a great guide - totally professional, knowledgeable, and even…
Service excellent, crew excellent, experience exellent
What's not good about this trip? Everything was great. Easy to book through the I site, then the crew - Nick and …
A must do in Bay of Islands
This trip is definitely a highlight of our 5-day camping trip in Northland! A big thank you to our guides, Nick and…
One Not To Miss
Just the best 5 hour cruise you could ever ask for. We were lucky enough to encounter bottlenose dolphins, blue pen…
Beautiful experience on the sea shuttle.Great captian with excellent knowledge of the Bay of Island.Friendly,warm w…
Perfect Island Tour with kids 8 and 10
Three hours with lots of things to see and do: we stopped at Motuarohia and saw a historic site, a fascinating isla…
Full points for customer service !
My excellent rating is for customer service. Unfortunately we did not get to enjoy our day trip due to continued bo…
A Bay of Islands Must-do!
My husband I visited the Bay of Islands during the NZ winter, and our trip would not have been the same had we not …
- Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Ports of Call Tours
Popular: Booked by 412 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour
What time does Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour start?
Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour?
Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour price starts from C$105.49. Discover and book Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour cancellation policy?
Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour?
Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour is hosted by Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cruise Ship Excursion Option - 5 Hour Bay of Islands Cruise & Island Day Tour on Tripadvisor