View all photos (4)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
50 Fort Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Fun and knowledgeable Stray Guide
- Access to 'off the beaten track' destinations and national parks
- Transport on modern, comfortable air-conditioned coach
- A wide selection of free and optional paid activities
- Access to the exclusive Stray Mate app for special discounts
- Flexibility - stay as long as you like in each destination and travel at your own pace.
- Food and drinks
- Optional activities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 3 departures per a week operate all year round
- The pass is valid for for travel for up to 12 months from the first date of travel.
- Managing your pass: When you book only your start date is confirmed. You will able to download the Stray Mate app where you can view, book, amend all additional travel days for your pass. You can change your start, however you must 'start' travel within 12 months of the original purchase date.
- Accommodation and activities are not included with the price of this Freestyle Travel Pass.
- Most travel days will include a free activity which will be explained by your Guide (ie local walks and sight seeing). Optional Activities can be booked via the Stray Mate App.
- Insurance cover is not included in the price of a pass. We strongly recommend that you take insurance to cover you for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage and public liability.
- Luggage is limited to one bag or suitcase per person (maximum weight of 15kgs), plus one day pack to carry onboard with your valuables. The carriage of any excess of oversized luggage is at Stray's discretion and must be approved prior to travel.
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This pass is subject to the Operators standard terms and conditions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travellers
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
Leaving Auckland in the morning, I had no idea how the hop-on-hop-off part worked, Good that the driver was excellent in explaining the concept. He also found cool ways to get the bus riders To open up and get to know each other Needless to say it really felt like we were a…
Date of experience: December 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
what four weeks here in New Zealand. it was one of my best times in my life. i got to know a beautiful country…
The best that NZ South island has to offer without the hassle
I just finished my trip with Stray that I took along the South Island of New Zealand on their Big South Freestyle…
Sweet as vacation
Me and my best bud did the north and south island trip with Stray for the whole month we were in New Zealand. We…
It was a really good experience. The drivers made the difference. Especially, Romeoo, Chilli and Cookie. They were…
I had the best time with Stray, never had any issues! My favourite bus driver was Thunder, we had the best group…
Great way to see NZ while having a laugh along the way!
I cannot recommend Stray enough. We were taken to places that I would never have gone to had I drove myself. It is…
Great time 👌
Had a fab time with Stray! Wish I was able to do a longer trip with the company. The short time I did have was…
Amazing time - Shoutout to PacMan!
I had a great experience with Stray! Was tight on time so booked the essentials pass (22 days) for North and South…
Best bus company ever!
Shout-out to Lego, Shorty and Soxx for being fantastic drivers, great cooks, and amazing fun. I started travelling…
I traveled with stray for 6 weeks over January and February and I would highly recommend the whole experience! I…
- Duration: 3–365 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071