View all photos (83)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Travel comfortably from Wellington to Picton with a one-way passenger ticket aboard the Interislander ferry. Select your departure time at booking and ensure your journey across Cook Strait, which links New Zealand's North and South Islands. Ferry services depart daily from Wellington Harbour and cruise through Queen Charlotte Sound before disembarking at charming Picton.
- One-way passenger-only ticket from Wellington to Picton
- InterIslander offers daily ferry services
- Cruise across Cook Strait in 3.5 hours
- Dolphins, seals, and whales inhabit the scenic waterways
Wellington Ferry Terminal,District of Freedom#8573311~!#, 1 Aotea Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Auckland Street, Picton 7281, New Zealand
- One way InterIslander ferry trip from Wellington to Picton
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Apart from designated areas, smoking is not permitted inside the ship.
- The InterIslander fleet has 3 vessels: The Kaitaki (carrying up to 1600 passengers), The Aratere (carrying up to 350 passengers) and the Kaiarahi (carrying up to 550 passengers).
- From Picton, some InterIslander ferry sailing's connect with the Coastal Pacific train service to Kaikoura and Christchurch.
- Check in at the terminal at least 45 minutes prior to departure time
- Cafes and a food court
- Fast-food takeaway bar
- Shop for travel needs, souvenirs, magazines and confectionery
- Movie theater
- Video games parlor
- Lounge and tavern bar
- Observation deck
- Children's play area and nursery
- Private work desks
- During off-peak sailing's, some facilities are only open for a limited time
- Surcharge applies to additional services including extra luggage, large sporting equipment, traveling with pets. The option of carrying additional bicycles and sporting gear (for example, canoes or surfboards), is an additional cost of $15 per item. If you are traveling with dogs, kennels are provided at a cost of $15, ensuring your pet's comfort and safety, and your peace of mind. There are a limited number of kennels available.
- The luggage allowance is two (2) items of baggage per person. Additional baggage items may be carried, subject to availability and on the payment of an additional charge. Larger baggage, including backpacks, must be checked in at the Wellington terminal. Baggage can then be collected from the carousels at the port of arrival. InterIslander will not accept individual baggage items which exceed either 32 kilograms in weight, or 200 linear centimeters (height and length and width) in dimension. For safety reasons, there are no exceptions to the weight restriction. However, the restriction in dimension is relaxed for sporting equipment.
- Infants aged 1 year and under travel free of charge.
- Children aged 2 to 14 years inclusive qualify for the child rate.
- Youths aged 18 years and under are not permitted to travel in the Plus Lounge.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: TranzAlpine Train
The Woodlands, Texas11533
Great Cruise Across Cool Strait
Lovely voyage from Picton in the South Island to Wellington in the North. Premium plus lounge is worth the cost.…
Audioguide was terrific. Food was quite good. Scenery was extraordinary - Those rivers are magnificent, as are…
Great trip from Greymouth to Christchurch-particularly after Arthur’s Pass.
We rode the train from Greymouth to Christchurch. It was late arriving (was also even later day before) which…
Biggar, United Kingdom8419
A must do trip
I took the return day trip to Greymouth. Very well organised with reserved seat and headphone commentary.…
Prestbury, United Kingdom4629
Comfortable iconic train journey.
I’m so pleased that we did this journey. We traveled from Christchurch to Greymouth where we hired a car for our…
Wroughton, United Kingdom12642
Comfortable ride to Arthur’s Pass
Took the train to Arthur’s Pass. Very nice big windows for observation from the carriage seating areas, but if…
Nice Train Trip, pitty about the weather
Comfortable carriages and friendly staff, food was ok. Weather not the best so scenery a little underwhelming.
We found out through our transfer to the train station that the train had a derailment further up the line. Not a…
Brighton, United Kingdom269
Travelled on the 14th Feb all the way to Greymouth, journey time was extended by about 40 mins due to a very…
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom160
Must go train journey
J24ugdahwfhcnbdj"+_&$€=×+$*=!*$€*62=&13(35*_,/*=+€4/_÷=/*×$/*3,$&*×=&_@÷#$5€=53£5274/*=/*€=+/%3*%€24€is fine by…
- Interislander, Kaikoura Peninsula Walkway
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071