8-Day Tour: South Island from Christchurch, Franz Josef, Wanaka and Queenstown provided by The Road Trip New Zealand
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Christchurch to Arthurs Pass to...
Hokitika – Franz Josef Glacier
Franz Josef Glacier to Lake...
Wanaka to Queenstown
Queenstown Free Day
Queenstown to Lake Tekapo Via Mt...
Lake Tekapo to Christchurch
- Private tour
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Live commentary on board
- Professional tour guide (who is also the driver)
- Transport by private vehicle and all fuel charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip airport transfer (Christchurch)
- 7 nights accommodation in your selected category of hotel
- Entry/Admission - Amisfield Winery
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks, not specified in the itinerary (lunch and dinner)
- Entry/Admission - Franz Josef Glacier
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring good walking shoes, warm clothing, swim wear and towel
- Please note: All participants must have a current passport that is valid for at least 3 months after date of entry into New Zealand
- If you choose to start and end your tour with an airport transfer, please provide your flight arrival and departure times when booking. Alternatively, if you choose a hotel-to-hotel transfer, please specify your Christchurch hotel details when booking. Both options require you to reconfirm your details at least 48 hours before departure (contact info will be provided on your booking voucher)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
This trip was amazing, the scenery was mindblowing, we ran out of superlatives to describe the beauty of the scenery. Our guide, Alex, is a friendly, professional and knowledgeable young man who made our trip so enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble. He took us to places we…
Date of experience: July 2020
We were a family of 10 and we never had a better trip and tour guide in our life! Alex was the most incredible tour guide and did a phenomenal job in so many ways! He was extremely kind, knowledgeable, interesting, and helped us through any situation we needed help with and…
We went to New Zealand on 2015 and 2016 for 2 years in a row. The tour was amazing, with The Road Trip’s itinerary we were able to experience New Zealand to the fullest. We went to different places each year, first trip we explored South Island, and second trip we visited North…
Date of experience: May 2019
I’ve been on many tours, but I’ve never encountered such a professional team and service. Everything was impeccable from the first day of planning with Chris and his team and until the last day of our trip. As honeymooners with little time to plan anything, the road trip made…
We had a wonderful time visiting the beautiful South Island. We opted for a private tour with The Road Trip NZ. Our guide was the owner Chris Cameron. Chris has a wonderful knowledge of all the sites and took us many off the beaten track sites to explore. Nothing was ever too…
Date of experience: April 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: The Road Trip New Zealand
Fiordland Lodge and Doubtful Sound
We had two nights in Fiordland Lodge and an amazing night on Doubtful Sound arranged by The Road Trip. 'We' includ…
Perfect short Get Away vacation
We did Overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound and then 2 night stay in fabulous Cabot Lodge. It is a bit of a journey …
Fiordland Lodge + Doubtful Sound
What a wonderful trip. We loved our overnight boat trip, we were well looked after by the crew, the meals were fant…
Way to go...
The Road Trip team do an exceptional job from go to whoa! Firstly they saved us endless hours on the internet loca…
Amazing Road Trip to Te Anau and Doubtful Sound
Te Anau's Fiordland Lodge and Doubtful Sound experience. We recently had a trip arranged by Alex, Chris and the te…
Overseas...but still in NZ
The only thing I would suggest the Road Trip could do better is that they didn't ask which activity we wanted to go…
The team at Road trip were exceptional Every aspect was covered to an excellent standard. Easy to follow guide to p…
Te Anau and Milford Sound experience
Totally recommend Alex and the team at The Road Trip. We did the Iconic Lodges of Fiordland package and had an amaz…
South Island splendour
A BIG thank you to Alex and The Road Trip team for arranging our recent trip to visit the South Island. Their local…
14-Day Self Drive Tour
The Road Trip made our 14 day self-drive tour of the South Island very easy and smooth. The accommodation choices w…
Really great Itinerary
I want to thank Road Trip Aus for planning and coordinating such a great itinerary. I wouldn’t have known where to…
Te Anau/ Milford Sound
Absolutely stunning !!!! Everything was perfect. Very easy to communicate with, and was very quick to respond t…
One of the Best Tour that I've ever Had!
Absolutely recommend The Road Trip for anybody who plan to visit NZ and enjoy the fabulous scenery. The team is ver…
Fabulous Memories for a Lifetime!
My wife and I did an eighteen day self driving tour of both the North and South Islands. New Zealand is a place no…
A 3-Week Guided Tour.... The Best Trip We've Ever Been On!
I can't say enough great things about The Road Trip organization and especially Alex. He drove us from Auchland t…
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Hokitika Gorge Walk, and 6 more
- Duration: 8 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 209 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,179 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 107 travellers!