Experience a Jet boat ride “The Braided Blast” on the snow fed Waimakariri River in the shallow river flats. On this 30 Minute jet boat ride, your driver will speed and spin in waters that are sometimes only centimetres deep. Experience the thrills of jet boating through the shallow shifting, ever-changing courses of shingle bottom streams.
On your return to Christchurch you will be given a tour of the city centre. Once with its historic buildings and architecture, now heavily destroyed and badly damaged by the Earthquake hitting the city in February 2011. See for yourself both the destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
Experience the grand architecture, beautiful gardens and scenic view points on a half-day city tour of Christchurch. Wander the Monavale Gardens with its pretty ponds and water features, and visit the botanical gardens in the central city and the seaside suburb of Sumner. Travel to the Sign of the Takahe to admire the spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
• Experience the thrills of jet boating through shallow waters
• Speed and spins in water only centimetres deep
• Magnificent rural and mountain scenery whilst travelling up river by boat
• Tour through Central Christchurch including the badly earthquake damaged city centre
• Stops for photo opportunities at all the key destinations
This sightseeing option of Christchurch is designed for cruise ship passengers.