Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
With this tour you will enjoy a small group experience with a personalised attention while discovering the beauty of Dunedin City and Otago peninsula. You will avoid wasting time waiting for a bog group to get on and off the bus. You will be introduced to the city in the best way, optimising time to see the highlights of the city, enjoying the most breathtaking scenery of Otago Peninsula via Highcliff road where the road for bigger buses is not suitable. You will have a 1 hour guided tour of Albatross Centre and discover all about these huge seabirds.
- You'll start atDunedin i-SITE Visitor Information CentreOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Baldwin Street: The Steepest Street in the WorldStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Signal HillStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Dunedin Botanic GardenStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byNorthern Cemetery
- 4University of OtagoStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byThe Octagon
- 5First Church of OtagoStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 6Dunedin Railway StationStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byOtago Peninsula
- 7The Royal Albatross CentreStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byOtago Peninsula
- You'll end atDunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New ZealandNon cruise ship passengers meet Fantail Tours guide at the Octagon, outside Dunedin Visitor CentreSee address & details
Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Albatross Centre
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
Loved this tour of Dunedin and would highly recommend to anyone visiting Dunedin even if you have visited before . We had Asta as our tour guide and she was truely fantastic . Very knowledgeable about the area, and tailored the trip to suit us ( my Mum and I ). She also told us…
Date of experience: January 2021
Response from Asta A, Manager at Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour
Responded 4 days ago
Thank you, Jess for sharing tour feedback. It was my great pleasure to show you Dunedin and Otago Peninsula. It makes me very happy to hear you enjoyed Dunedin area!
We were lucky to be able to book this tour and truly blessed to have Asta as our driver and guide. She is friendly, knowledgeable and totally professional. We told her what we had already seen in Dunedin, and left it totally up to her to design what we would do in the next 4…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
Response from AstaA83, Manager at Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour
Responded Jan. 17, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It was my pleasure to show our gorgeous Peninsula which is not to be missed while visiting Dunedin. Thank you for Honolulu cookies, they are the best!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Fantail Tours
Simply wonderful 2days with Asta
We had the most wonderful 2 days with Asta. Her knowledge is fantastic, she was flexible and able to "read" our g…
Excellent knew her stuff about the city very personalized tour.Picked up from where we were staying gardens were st…
Just the best way to see Dunedin
Our guide met us at Port Chalmers, and took us on a scenic journey around the hills into the City. We had time to w…
A very special tour
This tour was more like going out for the day with a friend. We could tell that Asta was passionate about Dunedin a…
Our tour guide was amazing! Trill was funny, enthusiastic and filled with great information as well as highlights o…
THE PRIVATE TOUR IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
This was a spectacular tour of the countryside, city, and Castle Garden. Asta was our driver. She was extremely hel…
Great way to experience Dunedin
Theresa was wonderful. She was open to take us to anything we wanted to see. Her love of the city was outstanding. …
Dunedin is more than Albatrosses
Thoroughly enjoyable tour of the Otago peninsula, there is a lot to see in Dunedin, we’ll worth the detour.
Our wonderful tour guide Ansa,gave us a great highlight tour of Dunedin as well as a walk through the Botanical gar…
Great orientation tour
We had a free afternoon in Dunedin and were fortunate to catch a 2-hr city tour with Asta. She gave us a great over…
ASTA was amazing. Not only did she show us all the beautiful sights but she went above and beyond to be sure we got…
Asta(may be spelt incorrectly) was wonderful tour guide. We enjoyed our tour of Dunedin immensely and so glad we c…
Enjoy a comfortable, educational, warm and fun trip with Asta the tour guide! Asta has expertise knowledge on the l…
Great way to see Dunedin
Our guide picked us up from the Port Charlmers Terminal in a comfortable mini coach. The advantage was that our gui…
Wonderful service & knowledgeable tour guide
We were very happy with our tour. She met our every request & provided suggestions for places to visit.
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Ports of Call Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour
What time does Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour start?
Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour?
How much is Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour?
Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour price starts from C$225.23. Discover and book Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour cancellation policy?
Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Dunedin City Highlights, Otago Peninsula Scenery & Albatross Guided Tour on Tripadvisor