This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Included in this adventure: • Approximately 70 minutes flight time over the Mt Richmond Forest Park and Wairau Valley • Two-way communication between you and your pilot • 1 x Mountain landing SIGHTS: • The beautiful Wairau Valley • Iconic boutique Winery • Breathtaking mountain landscapes
- Private tour
- Lunch stop (at your expense)
- Wine tasting (at your expense)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Landing and facility fees
- National Park fees
- Lunch cost
- Wine tasting cost
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply if they occupy a seat
- Bring a camera, wear warm clothing and sturdy shoes
- Physical activity level: Easy - Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Passengers over 250 lbs may be subject to weight restriction fee.
- Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of individual passenger weights, luggage and the amount of fuel required. It is important that we have accurate body weights and luggage items from every passenger prior to flights commencing. CAA regulations require all passengers to declare their weight on check-in and if required, passengers and luggage will be weighed before the flight. If total passenger and luggage weights exceed the helicopters’ permissible allowance, the Pilot at his/her discretion will instruct an upgrade to a larger helicopter if possible where an additional charge will be applicable, or alternative arrangements may need to be made for passenger luggage.
- If the weather conditions make flying unsafe on the day of the trip Reid Helicopters Nelson will cancel the flight. This is at the pilot’s discretion and there is no charge in this situation.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to the trip = 25% of total booking cost
- Cancellation within 7 days prior to the trip = 75% of total booking cost
- Within 48 hours of the trip commencing = 100% of total booking cost
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
The Wine Depot was fantastic. Michelle is knowledgeable and helpful. Her staff make it easy to taste the numerous wines in their renovated train station, and also serve food to make sure that you can make your way home. A Must if traveling in Marlborough region.
Date of experience: September 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Helicopters Nelson
Our trip out with Toby was superb. Even the views from the hill top heliport were stunning before we started but on…
Gotta Go if You've Seen the Movies!
It's a must, beautiful scenic vistas - and takes you right back to when you saw it in the movie! Yes, you have to …
Fantastic for Lord of the Rings Fans to see and visit some of the iconic - and not easy to reach -filming locations…
My wife and I visited New Zealand in June 2019 with Red Carpet Tours, and this helicopter tour was provided as an o…
LOTR Must see!
Wonderful tour and chance to visit iconic location from The Lord of the Rings. I would recommend leaving sufficien…
This was hands down one of the best parts of our trip. Such an amazing experience; especially for LOTR fans. Our pi…
Easter Weekend Heli Tour
Had a wonderful time flying over Kahurangi National Park, landed at LOTR location, lunch at beach, spotted a seal,…
Lunchtime helicopter scenic trip
Charlie (excellent) was our pilot for a stunning mountain top lunch experience on Mt Fell. A highly recommendable a…
Great helicopter ride to two Lord of the Rings sites
We took a helicopter tour of Mt. Owen and Mt. Olympus. These 2 mountains were the sites of some scenes from the Lor…
Fantastic arial tour
We thoroughly enjoyed our helicopter tour of the Abel Tasman National Park and the Kahurangi National Park. Our pil…
Highlight of our trip
Awesome experience. Two amazing trips with Charlie and Bill - what a way to see the stunning scenery of Mount Owen…
Spectacular ! Loved it and will definitely go again w Toby (Reid)
We left the itinerary to Toby and he delivered a phenomenal trip. Tea on a beautiful remote island, stunning scen…
Had the most amazing day with these guys! The scenery blew us away! Charlie was an awesome pilot. Thank you!!!!
This was an amazing experience. Charlie and Chris were very friendly and made booking the trip so easy. Chris was a…
These guys fro Reid Helicopters are awesome - they have flown into Cape Farewell Horse Treks where I work on numero…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071