Experience an exclusive maori cultural guided tour through an amazing native kauri forest.
Learn how maori traditionally used the trees, plants and birds of the forest to heal, protect, nourish, entertain and support their growing families.
* Knowledge of traditional trapping methods for food.
* Modern pest control trapping methods used today.
* Option to try traditional maori medicines.
* Listen to the haunting sounds of a traditional maori instrument.
Tours start and finish from the car park area in front of the Paihia Maritime Building (69 Marsden Road).
Tour start time: 10.00am
Tour return time: 1.30pm
Duration: 3.5 hours
* minimum age for children is 5 years for this shared tour. Children under the age of 5 years can only be booked on a private tour
* Children 15 years and older are required to be booked as an adult