Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Puno is located at an altitude of roughly 4000 metres above sea level, and on the shores of the Titicaca Lake, the highest commercially navigable lake in the world a 3860 masl (12,421 ft). According to legend this lake was the cradle of Inca Civilisation for Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo, Children of the Sun God, emerged from the cold waters of the Lake to found the City of Cusco and to start their civilisation. In here you will have the chance of experiencing the traditions and festivities that have been preserved by the population for centuries now. Puno is an important agricultural and livestock region of Peru; particularly of South American camelids (llamas and alpacas) which graze on its immense plateaus and plains. We invite you to discover this part of the world the best way!
DAY 1: CUSCO-PUNO (THE SUN'S...
DAY 2: AMANTANI HOMESTAY
DAY 3: TAQUILE ISLAND
- Licensed guide fluent in English, Spanish, and Quechua.
- Private transportation for pick up in Cusco and Puno.
- Private transportation for all tours in Puno
- Private boat transportation for Titicaca Lake.
- Meals mentioned on itinerary.
- Accommodation (3 * Hotel)(Double accommodation or Matrimonial)
- Titicaca Lake: Home stay (1 night)
- Entry/Admission - Amantani Island
- Entry/Admission - Taquile Island
- Personal hiking gear including daypacks, trekking poles. Poles, can be rented from Apu Andino.
- Meals (Unless mentioned on itinerary)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should be aware that Puno’s altitude of 3,822m (12,565 feet) presents some serious considerations for visitors, La Raya Pass is the highest point 4,335M. Altitude sickness is common and the ubiquitous coca tea only helps so much; take it easy, and consider acclimating at a lower elevation, such as Cuzco, for a few days. Sunburns are also serious business; wear hats, sunblock and glasses, or risk being one of the hundreds of travelers hospitalized with blistering (literally!) sunburns each year. You will cross Titicaca Lake also by boat so consider motion sickness tips,while it may be impossible to prevent all cases of motion sickness, the following tips can help you prevent or lessen the severity of motion sickness: Watch your consumption of foods, drinks, and alcohol before and during travel. Avoid excessive alcohol and foods or liquids that “do not agree with you” or make you feel unusually full. Heavy, spicy, or fat-rich foods may worsen motion sickness in some people. Avoiding strong food odors may also help prevent nausea. Try to choose a seat where you will experience the least motion. The middle of an airplane over the wing is the calmest area of an airplane. On a ship, those in lower level cabins near the center of a ship generally experience less motion than passengers in higher or outer cabins. Do not sit facing backwards from your direction of travel. Sit in the front seat of a car. (once out of the boat) Do not read while traveling if you are prone to motion sickness. When traveling by car or boat, it can sometimes help to keep your gaze fixed on the horizon or on a fixed point. Open a vent or source of fresh air if possible. Isolate yourself from others who may be suffering from motion sickness. Hearing others talk about motion sickness or seeing others becoming ill can sometimes make you feel ill yourself. The over-the-counter medication meclizine (Bonine, Antivert, Dramamine) can be a very effective preventive measure for short trips or for mild cases of motion sickness. Your doctor also may choose to prescribe medications for longer trips or if you repeatedly develop severe motion sickness. One example of a prescription medication is a patch containing scopolamine (Transderm-Scop) that often is effective in preventing motion sickness. Remember that scopolamine can cause drowsiness and has other side effects, and its use should be discussed with your physician prior to your trip
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Apu Andino - Day Tours
Pamper yourself on a long day
Day is long. They picked us up at 6:40 and we got home at 22:00. But we ate, drank, sang, danced, laughed and saw…
Extra attention to detail makes the experience memorable.
Staff was courteous and helpful from the moment we checked in until we stepped out in Macchu Picchu station. Little…
Not a train service I would recommend There were many issues with the whole experience. The carriages were old an…
I have travelled with Belmond trains around the world and my expectations are high and I was unsure what to expect …
Luxury Train journey through the Sacred Valley
If you want to travel from Cusco to Machu Picchu in style then this is the way to do it. A feel of the 30's awaits …
The magic starts with the train.
The magic of our Machu Picchu adventure began with the Hiram Bingham train. The attention to detail, starts with a …
My husband, son and I were scheduled to take the Inca Rail on May 13 from Cusco. We stopped in on the 12h to confi…
A comprehensive outstanding experience
From the pre-boarding service all the way to the arrival to Aguascalientes, one can enjoy a full-service experience…
Great tour and guide
Went on the Sacred Valley tour - this company was on time, communicated well and in advance to make sure all questi…
This was a very expensive way to visit MachuPicchu. It was worth every penny. You are treated like royalty. The ser…
Everything from the beauty of the train to the scenery, the musicians and the food was absolutely incredible!! The …
Luxury train experience with great services
This is my 3rd time to Machu Picchu and I specially chosen to take the luxury Hiram Bingham train to visit this pla…
Best experience ever!!!
Me and my daughter took Belmond Hiram Bingham train from Cusco to Machupicchu. Full entertainment from Peruvian ba…
Most indulgent and fun train trip ever!
Drinks galore, live music, dancing, delicious food - the 4 hour trip flew by! Highly recommend this after a “hard”d…
Worth every penny!
I splurged for this rail on our honeymoon as a surprise for my husband. It was worth every penny! From the arrival…
- Puno, Puno, and 2 more
- Duration: 3 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,949 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour
What time does 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour start?
3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour will start at 6:30 AM. Discover and book 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour?
3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour price starts from C$832.03. Discover and book 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour cancellation policy?
3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour?
3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour is hosted by Apu Andino - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Apu Andino - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3-Day Cusco to Puno & Titicaca Lake Small Group Tour on Tripadvisor