View all photos (9)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The DC & Arlington in a Day is the best way to see most of what the Nation’s Capital has to offer in just one day. You'll see famous sights as well as a few hidden gems in a fun, unforgettable, and jam-packed tour. Lasting 8 hours, the tour starts outside the Arlington National Cemetery Metro station by 7:45 am and ends by approximately 4:30 pm near the National Archives. In between, you’ll see the top monuments and memorials in DC, stop for lunch at either the Pentagon City Mall or Georgetown (seasonal) and take a cruise on the Potomac River or visit the Jefferson Memorial (also seasonal) with our top-rated tour team. Begin with a unique walking tour of Arlington National Cemetery led by our experienced and knowledgeable guide to see the JFK Grave Site and the Changing of the Guard. From there you'll travel on the climate-controlled bus between such key stops as the U.S. Capitol, the White House, the Lincoln MLK, Iwo Jima, Air Force and Vietnam Memorials plus so much more.
You'll start at
Arlington Cemetery Station
Arlington, VA 22209, USAGuests will meet their guide upstairs on the sidewalk outside the Arlington National Cemetery Metro Station at 7:45 a.m. for the WALKING portion of the tour in Arlington Cemetery, After the Cemetery, guests/guide will be shuttled to meet the tour. There will be no return to ANC.
See address & details
- 1Arlington National CemeteryStop: 2 hours -See details
- 2U.S. CapitolStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3White HouseStop: 25 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4National World War II MemorialStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Franklin Delano Roosevelt MemorialStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 6Martin Luther King, Jr. MemorialStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Korean War Veterans MemorialStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 8Lincoln MemorialStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 9Vietnam Veterans MemorialStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 10The Fashion Centre at Pentagon CityStop: 45 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
See 3 more stops
You'll end at
PENNSYLVANIA AVE & 9TH ST NW eb
Washington, DC 20408, USAGuests will be dropped off at the end of the day at the corner of 9th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW near the National Archives 4:30 p.m, subject to traffic and weather conditions. It is recommended to travel to Arlington Cemetery by taxi/Uber/Lyft or Metro instead.
See address & details
Arlington Cemetery Station, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
PENNSYLVANIA AVE & 9TH ST NW eb, Washington, DC 20408, USA
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Potomac River
- Lunch costs are guest responsibility - Location Pentagon City Mall or Washington Harbour (by season)
- Entry to the U.S. Capitol or the White House are not included on this tour.
- Entry/Admission - U.S. Capitol
- Entry/Admission - White House
- Entry/Admission - The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Guests with mobility issues or young children/strollers may prefer to visit Arlington Cemetery another way as that portion of the tour is strenuous.
- Guests who wish to remain on board at any of the stops or modify the tour for whatever reason may do so at their discretion.
- Tour does not return to Arlington Cemetery at the end of the tour. Tour concludes at the corner of 9th and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW near the National Archives.
- Most travellers can participate
- Guests will probably prefer taking cab/Uber/Lyft or Metro to Arlington Cemetery. Parking, which requires a fee, does not open until 8:00 a.m and guests are responsible for own transportation to return to ANC.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: DC Guided Tours
The best Washington DC your guide
My wife and I did the your Monuments by day with our tour guide Tirone McBride. Tirone knows so much about the hist…
I recommend this trip!!! Miss Cassy knows story of Washington DC and driver Criss Thumbs up!!! I did enjoy the site…
Awesome tour of Washington DC
My guide Tyrone was very knowledgeable and I had an awesome experience. He showed me a lot of things that most tour…
Cassy was great! She has the perfect personality for being a guide and was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. It …
Great Info a bit long
Wondering sites and information, very cool. Tour days it last 3 hours, it’s a full 4, so we were exhausted.
Best Washington DC tour ever!
This was the best tour of Washington DC I have ever taken! We booked this tour for our school group and had a sligh…
Cassie was an amazingly knowledgeable tour guide. I had my two young granddaughters with me and she was patient and…
Easy way to get around Washington's many monuments
This tour was comfortable and informative. A great way to get around Washington. Sadly though on a very hot Washing…
Loved it. Cassie did a great job and the driver, Donel, called a taxi for me right before the tour ended ( I was tr…
Wonderful and easy experience
I was so satisfied with this tour. I had limited time to plan a route to see everything I wanted to see. I knew my …
This was one of the best decisions we made... We saw many monuments all in a day. Some we drove by, and others we g…
Perfect way to spend one day
DC Guided tours has an excellent crew. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, courteous, and had a good sense of hu…
Great way to see all the monuments!
Great way to see all the monuments, especially during the heat of DC in August ! Sally, our tour guide, was very k…
Great tour, great guide
Great tour of many of the iconic sites in DC. And Tyrone has a natural charisma while presenting flawlessly about t…
Wonderful Tour if DC
We thoroughly enjoyed our bus tour with Sally. She was informative and fun, and even dropped us off at our hotel at…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071