View all photos (13)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 6)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Enjoy the freedom of stopping at different viewpoints to enjoy the dramatic view of the Ethiopian part of the Great East African Rift Valley by drive with a comfortable air conditioned Toyota Minivan, and learn from your professional experienced English speaking tour guide of the Ethiopian birdlife at the Rift Valley Lake of Ziway. Meet local families and partake a typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony, and see the bird life of the lakes and wildlife of the Abiyatta Shalla Lakes National Park. The tour also includes visiting the unique and still operational rock carved church of Adadi Mariam, Tiya Steles (a cemetery dating back to 12th – 14th Century AD and UNESCO World Heritage Site), and walking by Lake Ziway to spot a number of lowland water birds. The tour includes a total of 580 km drive in two days. On Thursdays or Sundays, experience local culture at the colorful weekly held cultural market at Adadi town.
Addis Ababa – Adadi Maryam -...
Awassa Lake – Abidjatta Shalla...
- Comfortable insured private Toyota Minivan of 2015 Model which is equipped with air conditioning and seat belts Fuel (gasoline), and driver's allowance
- Professional and experienced English speaking tour guide
- Bottled water in the vehicle
- Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony attendance
- Entry/Admission - Lake Ziway
- Entry/Admission - Fish Market at Awassa Lake
- Entrance (admission) fees to places of visits
- Any personal nature expenses such as souvenirs, gratuities, etc
- And, any expense which are not mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Entry/Admission - Adadi Maryam
- Entry/Admission - Tiya World Heritage Site
- Entry/Admission - Abidjatta-Shalla National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- June to Mid September is the rainy season where the tour runs. Please be prepared accordingly.
- When visiting the rock church of Adadi Mariam, women are expected to be fully dressed and cover hairs.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- We can help visitors book accommodations, if needed. Please contact us!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The Merit Ethiopian Experience 2 day tour was fantastic, I only had a few days free in Ethiopia and Muluken was able to provide an unforgettable personal experience. Everything was as promised and went smoothly. Muluken is very pleasant, well informed and was able to provide me…
Date of experience: November 2019
Response from EthiopiaTours88, General Manager at 2 Days Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes Tour from Addis Ababa
Responded Nov. 7, 2019
Dear Brian, Hello! Thank you very much for booking your 2 Days Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes Tour from Addis Ababa with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours!!! It has been really a pleasure to organize your private guided tour around Addis Ababa. I am so grateful that you took time to review your tour experience around Addis Ababa with me in such informative details! It helps other visitors to have an idea of how their tour with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours would be like. Thank you so much once again for choosing Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours to handle your private tour in Ethiopia, and allowing me to introduce you with Ethiopian culture, history, nature and people!! I hope I will show you more of Ethiopia someday Wishing you all the best in your sailing tour from South Africa to Australia Best, Muluken G.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours
An excellent day trip from Addis Ababa
We have had a fantastic experience with Muluken, who has organised a personalised day tour from Addis Ababa on the …
For the first time after 63 years I was happy to return to Addis Abeba. I got in contact with Muluken Girma, the mo…
A wonderful day in Addis Ababa! Muluken is a great guide!
Muluken was a wonderful and informative guide. He and our driver helped us see a lot of Addis Ababba in just one da…
Perfect Addis in one day!
Very nice and relaxed trip, with loads of experiences. Really feel like we got to see the best of Addis. Love the f…
Well organised and professional service
We found Muluken through Trip Advisor. We wanted a local guide to help us plan trips in Ethiopia as we were visitin…
Fantastic Tour in Addis Abeba !
The tour was fantastic for the stop over we had in Addis. Biruk our guide was well educated and told us a lot about…
A great first day in Addis
Really great day with Getahun and Jamal. We were two friends traveling together and although we usually don’t do or…
Flexible and Engaged
Muluken ensures that every one of his clients has a unique experience. We visited multiple sites over the course o…
Thank you for your service guys! We really enjoyed the tour. We had the occasion to discover Addis-abeba.
Most enjoyable tour of northern Ethiopia.
We enjoyed our private tour of Northern Ethiopia with Muluken. He was very professional, punctual and accommodatin…
An Excellent Tour From A Superb English Speaking Guide
If you are looking to see and understand more about the Ethiopia outside of Addis then look no further. Muluken is …
Fantastic tour and great value for money
Mulukan is a superb guide. He knows the city inside-out. The depth of his knowledge is quite remarkable and he has …
Like many, we took advantage of a long layover is Addis by doing a city tour. The guys that took us around were out…
A varied and rewarding experience
Stepped off a red eye from London to be greeted by Getahun and Jemal. Despite the jet lag really enjoyable day star…
A nicely-tailored day trip out of Addis Ababa
We (my partner, her mother and I) went out of Addis Ababa for a day. We visited the Adadi Mariam Church, which was …
- Adadi Maryam, Tiya World Heritage Site, and 6 more
- Duration: 2 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071