Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Since these track notes were first written in 2010 there have been huge changes on the Manaslu- Tsum trek. In season, it is now easily done as a 20-day lodge trek with accommodation available every night. More than 10,000 copies of these track notes have been downloaded so I have fully updated them following our latest visit. The Manaslu Valley Trek is more remote and spectacular than many, with rough steep tracks and less than luxurious accommodation. It is culturally fascinating with strong continuing links to Tibet in the upper Buri Gandaki (called Nupri ‘the western mountains’) and the Tsum Valley, and even has the Larkya La (5160m) as a challenge. The views of Mt Manaslu, eighth highest mountain in the world, are marvellous and close.
- Guided City tour in Kathmandu covering 4 UNESCO heritage sites
- Private Jeep transport Kathmandu to Soti Khola (trail foot)
- Sharing jeep transport Tal (trail head) to Besishar and private transport to Kathmandu
- Full meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on your choice
- Supplementary snacks: energy bar and cookies
- Seasonal fresh fruits deserts every day
- Unlimited Chlorine treated Safe Drinking water
- All mountain accommodation (soft comfortable private room/share bathroom)
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered professional trekking guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide & porter salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- A comprehensive First Aid kit
- All government and local taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- City entrance fees
- Hot and bottle drinks
- Hot shower
- Electronic device re-charge
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- north east of the Manaslu (mountain of the spirit) trail, was first opened to trekking in 2008. In the
- the Tsumbas of the Tibetan origin, speak a unique dialect and still trade to the north. The valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. It adds a richly rewarding extension to the Manaslu trek.
- A scenic drive through the Middle Hills leads to the trail head beyond Arughat at Soti Khola. The
- crosses numerous ridges and villages as it rises to Philim. Here it turns east into the lower, then broader Upper Tsum Valley. Crops grown include barley, maize, buckwheat and potatoes. Look out for Himalayan Tahrs and Bharal (blue sheep); preyed on by the illusive snow leopards.
- Highlights include the village of Chhekampar with its stone houses, slate roofs and Milarepa’s cave. The monastery at Mu Gompa and Rachen Gompa to the south has nuns of the Ngak-pa sect. Gumba Lungdang is another important nunnery where trekkers are welcomed at the evening puja. Their 360° views are amongst the best on the trek. From there a forest track leads to the Ganesh Himal Base Camp.
- At Lokpa, the trail rejoins the
- and climbs through the Kutang – Nupri valleys (the western mountains: part of Tibet until the 1840s); peopled by another Tibetan community with its own distinct custom and language. The route is forested and gradually presents view of Himal Chuli, Ngadi Chuli and Manaslu with the glaciers that flow from their flanks.
- In Samagaon, visit the Kargyu Chholing Monastery and Pungyen Nunnery. A high trail leads to the
- the mountain was first conquered by a Japanese team in 1959.
- Then, for two days, the trail climbs gradually toward the Larkya La, passing great vistas. The downward trek drops into the forested Marsyangdi Valley and joins the
- for the downstream walk to Tal and jeep/bus to Kathmandu.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition
The peaceful Nepal
This was my first visit to Nepal, the hospitality of Narayan, our guide along with the beauty of the place had plan…
A really thorough tour of all of the key sights in Kathmandu. Our guide Narayan was very friendly and knowledgeable…
Great introduction to Katmandu
Great day walking tour of Katmandu, with various parts provided by private car. We saw all of the important sites, …
This was our third trek in the Himalayas so we can make a comparison. The organization of trekking, guide and porte…
amazing view, good team, top organization mountains and culture mixed lot of contact with local people speed adapte…
Adventurous mountain biking trip
This is unlike any other bike tour I have ever done! First things first... check the bike and make sure you are hap…
Amazing, book, don’t need to spend anymore time researching and thinking !!!
After visiting many agencies I picked MM because it’s a genuine small local business built from scratch by a porter…
Excellent tour of Kathmandu!
Had such a wonderful time on this trip! My tour guide was Narayan Makaju and he did a great job making me feel at h…
We had the pleasure of the Langtang 8 days trek with the guide Nima. During the whole trek Nima was very helpful wi…
We had the pleasure of this 8 days trek with the guide Nima. During the whole trip, Nima was kind and looking out f…
You can Make it
It was the first brave experience that me and four fellows cambodians took to Ponhill route. i was really looking f…
Unforgettable PoonHill Base Camp Trek
My first time trekking to Poon Hill Base Camp was an unforgettable special giving from my team of five trekkers, an…
Beautiful 5-day trekking Ghoripani - Poon Hill
This is an amazing 5-day trekking to Poon Hill (3210 m). I enjoyed it so much. Of course, it is hard work if you ha…
We were a group of 5 who were well taken care of during the trekking to Poonhill. Pemba, our guide was the best. He…
A trek to Everest Base Camp was planned by our group. Every part of Himalaya is new for the trekkers, unless you ar…
- Duration: 1–22 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 300 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek
How much is Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek?
Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek price starts from C$2,982.32. Discover and book Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor
What is the Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek cancellation policy?
Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek?
Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek is hosted by Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor