Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Trip Introduction The Tsum Valley, also known as the Hidden Valley a land of monasteries and hamlets with totally Tibetan population lies on the northern part of Manaslu on the Nepal-Tibet border and used to be a restricted area until 2008. Although the region lies within Nepal, the Buddhism influenced region is a world of its own. Traditionally, Tsum used to be a separate area different from both Nepal and Tibet. The Tsum Valley region is still less exposed in comparison to other tourist areas, with relatively virgin and less beaten paths in comparison to the more popular regions. The Tsum people have their own way of family life, which may be quite surprising for many outsiders. All the brothers in the family are married to a single girl, what you may call a practice of polyandry. Compared with other areas, The Tsum Valley and Manaslu area is full of imminent mountains, passes, deep gorges, hamlets, gompas, chortens, and mani walls.
- n experienced registered, English speaking and local trekking guide.
- Assistant guide is the number of participants are more than 6 people.
- 1 Sharing Sherpa porter between 2 trekkers (weight limit 25kg)
- Meals: 18 Breakfasts, 18 Lunches, and 18 Dinners during the trek.
- Tea, coffee, cookies and fresh fruits during the trek.
- Hot water during the trek (1 liter per person/day)
- Mountain lodge accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Kathmandu – Soti Khola by private 4WD jeep transportation.
- Jagat – Besisahar – Kathmandu by local sharing jeep/hiace van
- All shuttles from your hotel in Kathmandu.
- Food, accommodation salary of the guide and porters.
- All necessary Manaslu Trekking permits.
- All taxes and documentations charges.
- Insurance and trekking gear for guide and porters.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Accommodation, meals and transfers in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills and beverages such as coke, fanta, mineral water.
- Guided sightseeing and monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Laundry service, toiletries and personal nature expenses.
- Hot shower, internet and phone calls
- Personal insurance, Nepal visa fee, international air ticket.
- Rescue operation charge in case of emergency and laundry services.
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porters.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Manaslu Trek via Tsum Valley, around mighty 8163 meter high Mount Manaslu and hidden valley of Tsum is unexpectedly popular among wilderness trekking keens. Manaslu region was opened for the trekkers only in 1995 and Tsum was also just released in 2008. Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek in this geographically extra spectacular and culturally most mesmerizing area, that rewards the trekkers to discover ultimate nature and cultural heritage and experience the mountain life style in Tsum Valley and Manaslu. The residents of upper Bhudi Gandaki, a region known as ‘Nup Ri’ meaning Western Mountain are direct descendants of Tibetan immigrants and they settled here during early 16th century consequently their speech, dress and customs are absolutely similar to Tibetans in the North of Nepal. The Mountain Views in Nup Ri are sensational and iconic that you can find nowhere in the world. The dramatic Larke Pass after visiting Tsum Valley is thrilling life that experience.
- Tsum Valley, also called "beyul" literally meaning "Hidden valley in which people can take refuge at times of political disturbance and where Buddhism can be practiced safely" is yet being explored and right place to trek for the travelling passionate. The valley is a blessed with Himalayan Buddhist pilgrimage site located in northern part of Gorkha district, Nepal. In another sense ‘Tsum’ meaning vivid against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal and Boudha Himal Ranges, this serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. It is said that the Buddhist saint Milarepa is believed to be meditated in the caves of these mountains. The valley is home of some of the unique and historic monasteries, including Mu Gompa and Rachen Gompa, mani and prayer walls which lie on a pretty highland nestled in the lap of the valley and Gompa Lungdang, situated at the base of a conical hill against the main slope of Ganesh Himal. The tribes here celebrate many Buddhist festivals, perform ritual burning of juniper sense to purify the air and Mother Nature, place the prayer flags and install Mani Walls for happiness of the entire sentient living beings. The area is left behind from modernity so their culture remained as it is as it was centuries ago. The palace is really tempting for the trekkers. Here we have customized two itineraries for the Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek and we Wilderness Excursion operate perfect and ideal mountain holiday in budget cost.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition
The peaceful Nepal
This was my first visit to Nepal, the hospitality of Narayan, our guide along with the beauty of the place had plan…
A really thorough tour of all of the key sights in Kathmandu. Our guide Narayan was very friendly and knowledgeable…
Great introduction to Katmandu
Great day walking tour of Katmandu, with various parts provided by private car. We saw all of the important sites, …
This was our third trek in the Himalayas so we can make a comparison. The organization of trekking, guide and porte…
amazing view, good team, top organization mountains and culture mixed lot of contact with local people speed adapte…
Adventurous mountain biking trip
This is unlike any other bike tour I have ever done! First things first... check the bike and make sure you are hap…
Amazing, book, don’t need to spend anymore time researching and thinking !!!
After visiting many agencies I picked MM because it’s a genuine small local business built from scratch by a porter…
Excellent tour of Kathmandu!
Had such a wonderful time on this trip! My tour guide was Narayan Makaju and he did a great job making me feel at h…
We had the pleasure of the Langtang 8 days trek with the guide Nima. During the whole trek Nima was very helpful wi…
We had the pleasure of this 8 days trek with the guide Nima. During the whole trip, Nima was kind and looking out f…
You can Make it
It was the first brave experience that me and four fellows cambodians took to Ponhill route. i was really looking f…
Unforgettable PoonHill Base Camp Trek
My first time trekking to Poon Hill Base Camp was an unforgettable special giving from my team of five trekkers, an…
Beautiful 5-day trekking Ghoripani - Poon Hill
This is an amazing 5-day trekking to Poon Hill (3210 m). I enjoyed it so much. Of course, it is hard work if you ha…
We were a group of 5 who were well taken care of during the trekking to Poonhill. Pemba, our guide was the best. He…
A trek to Everest Base Camp was planned by our group. Every part of Himalaya is new for the trekkers, unless you ar…
- Duration: 1–25 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 300 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek
How much is Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek?
Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek price starts from C$1,979.29. Discover and book Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor
What is the Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek cancellation policy?
Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek?
Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek is hosted by Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor