View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Mera Peak climbing is an excellent option for anyone with moderate mountaineering experience. It is a challenging trekking peak due to its elevation, but the technical mountaineering skills requirement is very basic. Besides, Himalayan Glacier’s seasoned Sherpa guide will provide us with a basic mountaineering training before the actual summit.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Tented accommodation during the climb
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Trained and experienced trekking guide(leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket (to be returned after trip completion)
- Himalayan Glacier’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Mera Peak climbing permit
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipments
- Medical kit (carried by your guide)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to any reason
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- We will be accommodated in Yatri Suites & Spa or Hotel Moonlight or Similar in Kathmandu, standard teahouses during trekking and tents when climbing which are all included in the cost. Most teahouse accommodations will only have shared toilet facilities. For tent accommodation, foam mattress will be made available. In climbing section, toilet facilities will be provided with necessary natural preservation. All accommodations in Kathmandu and in teahouses are on a twin-shared basis whereas a single tent will be provided to each individual for the climbing section. We can also request for a single room in Kathmandu by paying a single supplement of USD 290. However, there are several teahouses on the trekking route that do not allow single room accommodation. On paying a single supplement, you will get a single room in Kathmandu but sometimes it is feasible only in the trekking areas of the lower elevations.
- During our Mera Peak climbing trip, we can enjoy Nepalese, Tibetan, Indian and the more common continental cuisines. A buffet-style breakfast will be provided from our hotel in Kathmandu. All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available during the trekking and climbing sections. Welcome and farewell dinners are also something to look forward to.
- While trekking, we will provide you a fully trained, English speaking, experienced trekking guide. Every 4 members are entitled to 1 assistant guide, also 1 porter for every two members to carry the luggage.
- We will provide you a licensed, English speaking, veteran climbing guide. There is also the provision of assistant guides, for a group size of 2-4 people; there will be 1 main guide and 1 assistant guide. In a group size of 5-8 people, there will be 1 main guide and 2 assistant guides. Finally with a group of 9-12 people, we shall be offering you 1 main guide and 3 assistant guides. Other staff members will include one experienced cook and necessary Sherpa staff, mostly assistants who will assist in setting up camps during the climb.
- This arrangement of staff will ensure the safety of each and every member in the group; also if any member falls ill, the trip will still go ahead as planned. Please also note that the maximum number of people in a group will be 12, as this is the optimum size for a successful trip.
- It is a condition upon joining any of Himalayan Glacier's trips that all clients be insured for comprehensive expenses that might incur due to medical issues or accidents (this includes air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and treatment costs). Please note that we don't arrange or sell insurance.
- The difficulty for Mera Peak climbing is rated 2B. This means that the technical requirement is very basic and includes use of ropes, ice axe and crampons. You are also required to have good cardio-vascular fitness. Mera Peak is not categorized as a technical peak but a bit of technical knowledge would be beneficial for a small section of the climb which is about 50m. This will probably be the toughest part of the climb as the slope is around 40 degrees of ice/snow. Previous experience with using ice axe and crampons is preferred, although not mandatory because a basic ice-climbing training will be provided before the summit. Lots of willpower, the ability to tolerate harsh conditions, reasonable fitness and good health will help in making this trip successful. It is important that participants with pre-existing medical problems or conditions make these known to Himalayan Glacier at the time of booking.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We did Mera Peak and Amphu Lumbcha pass October 2019 with help of Himalayan Glacier trekking company. From the beginning of planning to the very end of this adventure I couldn't be happier. People from this company are truly doing everything to make sure you are getting what you…
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from hgoperations, Manager at Mera Peak Climbing
Responded Jan. 8, 2020
Hello & Namaste ! We are extremely happy to know you had such a great time with us and we are delighted with this review. Thank you so much for making time to write this up for us. We look forward to serving you again.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours
The trip of a lifetime!
This was such an incredible experience! It is so difficult to describe just how majestic and breathtaking the Himal…
3 Passes Trek with EBC
Had an amazing time trekking with Himalayan Glacier and especially my guide Ashish. The service was excellent and f…
Khopra Ridge - fabulous trek!
Trekking to Khopra Ridge was an amazing experience! It is a little off the beaten path, which we appreciated. Not c…
An awesome experience
The beautiful scenery, people and culture of Nepal and the Himalayas made this trip one of the best that I have don…
Wonderful Nepal Adventure
We had a group of 5 and wanted to spend 3 weeks exploring Nepal. They designed a route that fit what we wanted to d…
Excellent Guide and Safe
This was my first time being above 5000 metres and multiple day hike for more than 3 days. I am not that fit :p. Ou…
Everest Base Camp Luxury Lodge Trek
Our group of five had an amazing time hiking to EBC! The Luxury Lodge option is definitely worth it as we slept i…
Nepal and Bhutan Tour
Thank you to Himalayan Glacier wonderful staff and guides for an amazing experience !!! Everyone was very welcoming…
An Incredible Adventure in Nepal
We booked an October 2019, 19 day trek with Himalayan Glacier, for a group of four on the Annapurna Circuit in Nepa…
An amazing 23 day tour
Great tour for a group of 6 friends. Very well organised. have no complaints. Started with arrival in Lhasa. Tour g…
7 Day Annapurna Trek
Thoroughly impressed by Himalayan Glacier and Team through the entire process of deciding on the Trek location and …
Amazing trip, amazing guide
I have just finished the most amazing experience of trekking in Nepal with Himalayan Glacier. The company were alwa…
Everest View Trek
It was the second visit to Nepal for my husband and l, and we never doubted the Team at Himalayan Glacier to provid…
Tamang Heritage Trek
Amazing short trek ! We went right before the opening of the high season, so the weather was still fluctuating bet…
2019 EBC Trek with HGTA - Great Experience
Our 5-person private trip US-based team was led by HGTA's Shankar B. (lead guide), Bhaktar (assistant guide), plus …
- Mera Peak
- Duration: 18 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071