Located in an area rich in clay, Bat trang village has advantage of ingredients to create fine ceramics. Moreover, lying beside the Red river, between Thang Long and Pho Hien, two ancient trade centers in the north of Vietnam during 15th-17th century, Bat Trang’s ceramics were favorite products not only in domestic market, but also foreign ones thanks to Japan, Chinese and Western trading boats that passed by.
A traditional porcelain and pottery village with history of seven centuries is an interesting attraction in Hanoi that tourists should not ignore.
• - Learn general introduction of bat trang pottery village
• - Learn spiritual life of visiting temple and commune house
• - Fun of shopping as local people do at traditional wet market
• - Self-made pottery under the guidance of artisans
• - Enjoy Bat Trang typical cuisine.
• - Shopping at the ancient ceramic market.
Our guide will pick up you at Hanoi Old Quarter at 8.00 -8.30am. It takes 30 minute to ride from your hotel to the village and you will enjoy the landscape along the way.
Take a walk to visit Bat Trang ancient village to find down culture and lifestyle of the most famous pottery village in North Viet Nam and visiting the amazing tiny alley to the workshops to see how porcelain product is made in different processes
Have fun to make a pottery product by you. This is an interesting pottery making-experience; you could make a small gift for your family, friend or yourself
Go shopping at pottery and porcelain or market.