Day 1: Authentic Mekong Delta to Ben Tre
Pass By: Ben Tre Museum, 146 Hung Vuong Ward 3, Ben Tre Vietnam
7:30am: Pick-up at the customers’ hotel and transfer to Tan Cang pier by Saigon River Tour’s comfortable minivan.
8:00am: Depart to Mekong Delta (Ben Tre) by luxury speedboat. When on board, enjoy a light breakfast of The Pat’ a Chou cake with Lavie water, enjoy the fresh air and understand the daily life of local citizens living along the river banks.
8:45am: Arrive to Mekong Delta Area (Ben Tre):
Leave the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, walk inside the local market in Long An province. You will understand more about the local daily life and what typical fruits they have. We are sure you might find something you haven’t seen before! Great time for photo shots.
– Try some of their typical fruits and keep cruising to Ben Tre province (Real Mekong Delta Area).
– Experience the peaceful atmosphere of water region by rowing a small boat through small canals with the conical hat.
– Taste special wines of Snake/ Scorpion (optional).
– Hearing the story about the local plantations and their “friendly” bees.
– Enjoy a cup of honey tea from local family recipe.
– Listen to the Southern traditional folk music was handed down for over 100 years (listed by UNESCO as intangible cultural heritage of the world – Don Ca Tai Tu).
– Get on the Vietnamese Lambro tuk-tuk (vehicle using for schools and works), and ride in the winding village road to see the local houses & gardens.
– Visit a small family business of coconut candies, hearing how they use every ounce coconuts for their life.
1:00pm: Cruise to Diem Phuong restaurant and enjoy your Vietnamese traditional lunch with delicious 7-courses: Elephant-Ear fish (one very special dish in Mekong Delta), rice-paper served with fish sauce and other dishes.
1:30 pm Finish lunch and head to The Island Lodge for check-in.
2:00 pm: Arrive to the boutique hotel The Island Lodge. Relax by the river, chill at the pool or take a bike ride on the peaceful alleys of the Unicorn Island full of shady fruit trees. If the Island Lodge hotel is fully booked, we offer the guests to stay at the same-range Mekong Riverside boutique hotel.
6:00 pm: Have a delicious dinner specially cooked for you by a French chef of the Island Lodge or enjoy a traditional dinner prepared with the products from the organic garden and the fish farm of Mekong Riverside boutique hotel.
Accommodation included: Overnight at The Island Lodge
Day 2: Enjoy Half-day at The Island Lodge
Pass By: The Island Lodge Thoi Son, 390 ấp thới bình, Thới Sơn, Châu Thành, Tiền Giang, Vietnam
8:30am: Have breakfast at the hotel and depart the hotel to continue exploring the Delta.
9:45 am: Visit Cai Be floating market to see how locals run their trading business on the river. Walk along the river bank to reach a local workshops and learn about the daily life of people in the Mekong.
11:15 am: Enjoy a rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta surrounded by thousands of coconut palms.
1:00 pm: Stop at a riverside restaurant to have a delicious Vietnamese lunch.
1:30 pm: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
3:30 pm: Arrive back in Saigon. Saigon River Tour’s staff will return you to your hotel by car.
No accommodation included on this day.