View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Experience the Lanten culture & tradition, Baci-ceremony, taste local meals, stay overnight with families, participate & learning how to make paper from bamboo, natural dyeing & traditional weaving. Short trek in the preserve forest area, visit waterfall & participate in the day-to-day work of the family.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Luang NamthaStop: 8 hours -Start at 3:30 PM from our office by Tuk Tuk or bicycle (depending on your preference) to the village of Ban Nam Dee “Lanten” along a dirt road for 6 km. Today you will learn & practice how to make paper from young bamboo, natural dyeing & the traditional weaving, participate the traditional Baci-ceremony & local music, taste local meals, talk about village history with owner home stay & go to bed. After breakfast the next morning, you have time for short trek through the preserve forest area to see different kind of forest products, visit Nam Dee waterfall, your picnic lunch will prepare on the trail, after lunch you will back to Luang Namtha town. Season of community based tourism activities: January-March: bamboo-paper-making, planting vegetables, sowing corn, dyeing clothes, weaving. April-May: learn & practice how to grow rice on mountain-slopes. June-August: learn & practice how to prepare the fields for wet rice, and to plant the seedlings. September: plant and care vegetable-gardens. October-November: practice how to harvest rice field and the mountain rice or corns. December-January: take part in house building and festivals or in collecting food. Ban Nam Dee (Lanten Village). Located far from Luang Namtha around 6 km, they are Lao Huay (Lanten) that still keeps their traditional culture and way of life and a good place to observe the progress of bamboo paper making. Behind the village you will see the entrance to the Nam Dee Waterfall. The area around the waterfall offers good facilities, like a small handicraft shop managed by the villagers; toilets and a house for picnics, etc. Note: Home stay itinerary is a basic guideline only & subject to change.Read more
You'll end at
Luang Namtha, LaosPlease be ready and wait at the lobby of Hotel, one of our team will pick up you as the scheduled time.
See address & details
Luang Namtha, Laos
Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- English speaking tour guide
- Accommodation “Home stay”
- Local meals depend on season
- Tour permit & provincial tax on net income
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Duration: 1 Night & half day.
- Departure: 3:30 pm.
- Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families
- Bring a small backpack which should contain following items
- Home stay: participants must be aware that there are no western-style toilets and washing facilities
- Sleeping is on a bamboo or wood floor, dormitory style
- Sleeping bags, foam mats & mosquito nets are supplied
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Visit Asia Travel
Dishonest company... AVOID!
Don’t go there. Just don’t. The price advertised on TripAdvisor is €120 whereas some of the people we flew with…
Tree Top Explorer 2D1N highly recommended
What an amazing trip! We had a lot of fun zipping past some of the most beautiful waterfalls and panoramas we've…
Papeete, French Polynesia4613
Transport Vientiane to Vang Vieng
I was supposed to travel by bus with enough space for my luggage and myself. They canceled the day before for a…
Le Grand Pakbeng
Great local travel agent in Laos
Great staff, great services and very helpful guide and driver. Tour guide is very much active taking us to…
Great tour - highly recommended
Communications before tour all good and guide La arrived at hotel on time at 0830. Nice MPV..clean and modern with…
We Loved It!
My sons and I booked the 1 day Vang Vieng experience which included kayaking about 16 km down river and stopping…
London, United Kingdom56661226
Mr. SUNNY AND Mr.HOME
My travel agent arranged my travel in Laos thro visit Asia travel.Their vehicles were in Excellent condition. The…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071