View all photos (9)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Bukhansan National ParkStop: 6 hours - Admission includedIn 1968, 31 Special Forces of North Korea (North Korean Spy Commando) infiltrated into downtown Seoul to assassinate then President of South Korea. When they approached up to 400 meter away from the presidential residence, they were detected and exchange of gunshot occurred, thereby 29 of 31 being killed, 1 surrendered, and 1 ran away back to North Korea. Since then, South Korean government closed this route North Korean spy commando invaded along for the past 50 years for security reason. On the background of recent easing political circumstances between 2 Koreas, meantime, South Korean government has in 2018 decided to open up this route again to the hikers, trekkers or travelers. This hiking tour we are offering here is rather beginner course, while we also offer intermediate course in other product line-up. All and any could enjoy this hiking course without any hard physical efforts. (N-Seoul Tower and military camp seen from the hiking course) While hiking, you will enjoy the beautiful sceneries of the Presidential palace, Gyeongbokgung Royal Palace and landscape of downtown Seoul among others. Related story will be told by your professional English-speaking guide all the way along the hiking route. After end of this hiking tour, you will be escorted to a nearby traditional old market to enjoy Korean food as per traveler's choice, such as Korean BBQ, Pajeon (pancake) and other delicious local meals. You enjoy viewing the sunset and night landscape of Seoul during this hiking tour and so this tour begin at 4PM in summer to avoid the heat and, in the meantime, 2PM in winter given the shorter daylight time. We provide pick-up and drop-off service from the hotel to you. Optionally, you could go as far as a fish market in Norangjin which offers a special experience as good as Japan's Tsukiji fish market. What you can expect We pick you up from your hotel and first drive you up to Bukak Mountain, which has been considered to be the main mountain of Seoul for a long time and just lies behind the presidential office. (Presidential office and hiking course map) There is Palgakjung Pavilion at the peak of Bukhansan Mountain, which is one of the most admired place to see the nightview of Seoul city downtown. After that, we walk up to Ho Kyungam pavilion. The course is called the Kim Shin Jo Route, which is named after Kim Shin Jo, the only surrender out of the 31 North Korean Spy Commandos. The bullet marks are found around rocks and pine trees which were remains of the battle between the North Korean Special Forces and South Korean forces. (Hogyeongam rock and the bullet marked rock) You can see the beautiful scenery of Seoul from the top of Hogyeongam rock. Hiking from Palakjeong to Ho-Kyungam is about 1 hour one way. And then we drive you further to Changyemoon Palace Gater. You can picture the beautiful castle wall and whole national park from Yoon Dong-joo Memorial Hall, famous poet in Korea. Then you walk by the mountain castle trail and travel time to the peak is about 40 minutes. It’s a bit sharp slope trail. The point where the castle road trail begins is a famous place introduced by Airbnb, as one of the world's top 10 Airbnb Trips, where you can enjoy a beautiful night view of surroundings. When you return to the car after hiking, then we drive you to one of the traditional market to enjoy a market food. Also you can feel and smell around the heavily armed military defence system still guarding presidential house and the Seoul city itself against any possible attack. (Yeongcheon Market, 7017 Seoul road) After enjoying the nightview of Seoul, you will go to one of the three traditional old markets. You can choose between Yeongcheon Market, Huam Market, and Noryangjin Fish Market. Noryangjin Fish Market costs $ 15 per person in addition. On the way to the traditional market, we stop by 7017 Seoul skyline road, which builts benchmarking The Highline park in New York.Read more
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bukhansan National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: DMZ Spy Tour - Day Tours
Brighton, United Kingdom7252
Utterly Fascinating alternative DMZ tour
The DMZ was shut when we visited ( we think it reopens early in March) so we took a private tour with DMZ Spy…
Exciting, Insightful and Intriguing :)
Here you feel like the add advertises: a spy :), here you are literally seeing tunnels, bunkers, old unfinished or…
This is a very comfortable and wonderful journey. You can visit some beautiful places that are private and not…
A great day
Our guide Shrek was unbelievably friendly and knowledgeable. Enjoyed tour tremendously even though the JSA was…
Great tour with Alfonzo and family!
We had a fantastic tour of the DMZ with Alfonzo! We appreciated the history, insights, and fun facts along the…
New York City, New York42
Pleasant and private
My wife and have attended many outings with a large group of strangers. This private tour was a treat from our…
Wow...best tour we have ever taken!!!
I booked this tour for myself, my husband, and a friend that was traveling with us. I had originally booked a…
Look no further. Book this tour right now.
If you hate educational and informative content delivered in a thoughtful and meaningful way by a great human who…
No spy tour
Alfonso is the man, legit legend I'd go again in a second. If you are thinking about going don't think just book
I wanted to see the JSA but it was closed so they offered an alternate tour. I was hesitant but in the end I was…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071