Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Built over 1,400 years ago during the Ming Dynasty, Mutianyu is one of the oldest sections of the Great Wall of China. The UNESCO World Heritage-listed Summer Palace, from the 18th century, contains one of the most famous imperial gardens in the world. Discover both attractions—and explore two millennia of Chinese history—on this unique all inclusive combo tour.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Niaochao National StadiumStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 4Hall of Benevolence and LongevityStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Long Corridor at the Summer PalaceStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Qingyan Stone BoatStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Exciting combo tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace
- Photo op at Beijing's famous "Bird's Nest"
- Local lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What to Expect
Your day begins with a convenient hotel pickup and scenic drive to the Mutianyu Great Wall, one of the oldest and most rugged sections, covered by picturesque chestnut orchards. Stop for a photo op at Beijing National Stadium, the famous “Bird’s Nest” from the 2008 Summer Olympics. Unlike the tourist-packed Badaling Wall, which is closer to the city, Mutianyu remains less explored, so you have time to leisurely wander the iconic monument without the crowds. You can even climb ancient watchtowers for views of the surrounding countryside. Break for a mouthwatering authentic lunch at a local restaurant. Then get ready to shift gears—and jump over a 1,000 years forward in time—at the 18th-century Summer Palace, known as the best-preserved imperial garden in the world. Enjoy the UNESCO-listed landscaped grounds, once home to powerful Qing rulers, before getting dropped back at your hotel in Beijing.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels within the 5th ring road)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cable car round trip or ski lift up and toboggan ticket
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Benevolence and Longevity
- Entry/Admission - Long Corridor at the Summer Palace
- Entry/Admission - Qingyan Stone Boat
- Dragon boat cruise in the Summer Palace
- Additional entrance fee to the museums
- Entry/Admission - Niaochao National Stadium
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you choose to have Spanish language tour guide service, please ensure to make your booking at least 3 days in advance
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Qing & her team were very easy to work with- Qing was our tour guide, translator, photographer, & provided transportation from our hotel to both locations. She made our tour a memorable learning experience & we are glad we chose to work with her & Discover Beijing Tours. We…
Date of experience: April 2021
This was the very first tour I’ve been a part of. Our guide Qing was amazing! She talked about the history and gave us a bunch of information on the locations we visited. She took great photos for memories and was overall great to be around. Would highly recommend this tour and…
Date of experience: March 2021
Great location for foreigners to see The Great Wall and Summer Palace! Our guide, Qing, did a great job giving us the history for both location. She also brought us to a local cuisine restaurant that serve excellent food. Highly recommend for those visiting China.
Date of experience: March 2021
Fluent in English (and Chinese of course) and energetic, it was great to have Linda as our day tour guide. She made things run smoothly and her foresight and planning helped to facilitate our wish to try, amongst others, the cable car up and toboggan down the Great Wall even…
Date of experience: December 2019
This day is one I will never forget. We went on the fourth of July... the HOTTEST day. Lucy took us to a private part of the wall and knew the best spot to take pictures. I have SO many pictures from that day that I will always treasure. It has always been a dream of mine to…
Date of experience: July 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Discover Beijing Tours
5 stars! Book as soon as possible!
My daughter and I had the pleasure of having Qing as our tour guide. We had a great experience. Qing was very knowl…
Fantastic tour of the Forbidden City
We had a fantastic tour with Qing to the Forbidden City. She was excellent with her communication beforehand and ad…
Forbidden City Tour
My wife & I had the opportunity to spend the day with Susan for a tour of the Forbidden City & the Temple of Heaven…
i was transported to a totally new world! can you believe such a place exists on earth? and this mesmerizing Hanfu …
JIMMY! The best!
This tour was AMAZING. Although it was a rainy day, Jimmy brought sunshine. He was very knowledgable, purchased o…
Becky was a fabulous tour guide.
This review is a long time in coming, we visited China last year 2019 in March/ April. We were a private party of …
My partner and I landed in Beijing the night before and we wanted to experience Chinese cuisine the next day so we …
Our guide, Becky was amazing. She was very knowledgeable about the history of the zoo and surrounding areas. She al…
Great tour combo if you've seen great wall and forbidden city.
Our guide Lucy was waiting for us ahead of schedule in the hotel lobby. We followed the itinerary and were able to…
Perfect for my overnight stay
This tour was perfect for the few hours I had in Beijing. Pick up and drop off from Hotel very handy. It was a cond…
Highlight of my trip to Beijing
My tour guide Lucy showed up at my hotel early and prepared. We embarked on a perfect day of serious walking and hi…
Great tour for a short trip to Beijing
Lucy took me on the tour of the Summer Palace, she was very knowledgeable and a great companion for the day (she ta…
Best tour guide in Beijing!!
We had a great time on our tour with Jimmy. He knew every historical fact about Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City…
Private tour of forbidden city
The forbidden city and tiananmen are a must-see when visiting Beijing. Jimmy was a great tour guide and pre-purchas…
Lucy was lovely, the wall was beautiful and the toboggan ride so much fun! My phone ran out of power so Lucy took s…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 648 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 5,234 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,364 travellers!
from CA$104.58* CA$123.04
Popular: Booked by 1,615 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour
- All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour price starts from C$230.99. Discover and book All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour is hosted by Discover Beijing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Beijing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour on Tripadvisor