Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This is the palace museum; also know as the Purple Forbidden City. It is the largest and most well reserved imperial residence in China today. Beijing Forbidden City is the head of the world's top five palaces. The Forbidden City was built begin in 1406 and it took 14 years to built it. The first ruler who actually lived here was Ming Emperor Zhudi. The distance From North to south is 961 meters, and 753 meters from east to west. And the area of about 725,000 square meters. The Imperial Palace has 8704 rooms. In 1987 the Forbidden City was recognized a world cultural legacy.
- You'll start atTiananmen SquareDongcheng, Chinawe meet at the flagpole in Tiananmen square .See address & details
- 1Forbidden City-The Palace MuseumStop: 2 hours - Admission includedThe Forbidden City is an awe-inspiring building that has fascinated people from all over the world for centuries, drawing millions of tourists to its doors every year. It has come to the point that they have had to limit visitors to 80,000 per day! This incredible structure is one of the world's only fully-preserved royal residences and dates all the way back to ancient Chinese history in 1420. With your ticket, you will get advanced reservation to visit the Beijing Palace Museum housed inside the Forbidden City and discover the rich and varied history of this breathtaking palace. A number of exhibitions take place within its halls, presenting a huge array of priceless collections of ancient Chinese artifacts. From the evolution of ceramic artifacts to cultural studies and exhibitions, from foreign artifacts to digital presentations, there are numerous sights to see and learn about within the museum. Travelers looking to learn more about Chinese culture and discover its history in a more comprehensive way shouldn't miss a visit into the palace museum - and allow yourself as much time as possible to explore!Read more
- You'll end atThe Palace Museum4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100009North gate of the Forbidden CitySee address & details
Tiananmen Square, Dongcheng, China
The Palace Museum, 4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100009
- Forbidden City Admission Ticket (Adult)
- English speaking tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: The Great Wall Tour by Lotto Tours
We got picked up from our hotel by a mini van that took us to a pickup point to get in a large coach. Our guide spo…
I love the trio. Mutianyu is really breathtaking and even my Chinese friends who only went to Badaling told me they…
Pickup 6am to 7am at hotel then drop off at 5 popular transit stations around 5:45pm. Lunch was adjusted due to bei…
Our tour guide Jen was amazing. Friendly and knowledgeable. Perfect English. The communication from Lotto Tours…
Lucy is amazing
Lucy was such an accommodating and lovely host. She made the whole experience really wonderful and communicated eve…
Had a great time at the Wall with this group! The tour guide Lucy was very friendly and helpful, and the the tour w…
This tour was just fantastic!
We had a great time at the great wall of China! This is by far the most memorable one amongst what we did in China.…
Our tour guide Lucy was so nice she explained some history about Mutianyu Great Wall and gave us a lot of suggestio…
My husband and I were recommended this tour by a friend and we were very pleased! We were picked up near our Airbnb…
Great views, helpful tour guides
The tour team Lucy and Mr Chang are really helpful and informative about the history and guiding us to the attracti…
Amazing To Visit The Great Wall
Was promptly contacted the night before about the pickup time at our hotel. The bus arrived exactly on time. Susie …
Great experience on the wall
The tour guide contacted me at around 8pm on the previous night of the tour to let me know what time the pick-up wo…
Great wall but not so great tour
We got a call at 10 p.m. that we would get picked up at 5:40 next morning. The driver was on time though to pick up…
Great Tour and Guide!
All credit to Lotto Tours - we got to the Great Wall and then due to poor weather (heavy rain and lightning), the c…
Amazing experience ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE.
Our tour guide Sussie was so great at explaining everything about the Mutianyu site as well as very intentional wit…
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
from CA$769.70* CA$810.22
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,957 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,802 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 180 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour
Which attractions will I visit with The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour?
The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour price starts from C$89.60. Discover and book The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour cancellation policy?
The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour?
The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour is hosted by The Great Wall Tour by Lotto Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact The Great Wall Tour by Lotto Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The Forbidden City Depth Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor