Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Quito City, the Capital of Ecuador is one of the most beautiful and well preserved in world, declared world heritage site by the UNESCO, it is considered the Gods Face of Latin America, this is another way to explore the city (on town wheels) and enjoy the views of Quito´s old town, it is a breathtaking in some parts for the altitude 9400 ft. but Guide Ecuador will make this experience unique and unforgettable.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Casa Museo GuayasaminStop: 8 hours - Admission includedOn this tour you will explore 2 of the main museums in Quito well known as Capilla del hombre (Men´s Chapel) at Guayasamin Museum and Central Bank Museum located at la Mariscal area This tour will start at your hotel at 9:00 am, we will take you to Guayasamin Museum located at Bellavista hill ( Quito´s Natural Viewpoint ) , Oswaldo Guayasamin was the most important painter from XX Century , he worked all over the world and he started his own collection than later he opened as a museum , when was still alived. by now there is an special building , that was his dream for many years , it is well known as la capilla de hombre where some of his work is exposed. Unfortunately he only saw the starting of his dream because he died at the US before the building was finished. In simple words this place is the best modern art and conteporary museum in Ecuador. After this visit we can add a delicious lunch in a local restaurant ( please let us know in advance ) Then we will go to visit another wonderful museum in Quito called Central Bank has a complete route, from the vestiges of the first inhabitants of Ecuador until the contemporary and modern art expositions In this first archaeological room there are pieces of pre-Inca cultures exposed: basic tools of stone and obsidian that are replaced with the most elaborate stone and ceramic utensils over time. From this period, very elaborate pieces are exhibited, especially ceramic. They are expressions of the past represented in sculptures, masks and ritual tools that tell us about their way of thinking, seeing the world and living. In the same way and exhibition in the different Inca artifacts. The Spanish conquest will come and with them the establishment of the Colony, this next room talks about Quitena Art school developed by locals and Spaniards . This was the time of great artistic production, creating a syncretism between the Spanish Catholic and the mythical indigenous. Numerous paintings and sculptures of Jesus, virgins and saints populate this part of the exhibition. The next and final exhibition refers the republican art when the country was born as Republic on 1830 , the reflection of a time of political changes and struggles for independence. And little by little, the exhibition turn out to contemporary and modern art. This is a great museum to learn more about the Ecuadorian history by art. Finally we will take you back to your hotelRead more
- Guayasamin Museum Ticket
- Central Bank Museum Ticket
- Private transportation
- English Speaking Certified Guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Casa Museo Guayasamin
- If you want to add lunch in a local restaurant , it will be served after the first museum , please let us know in advance. prior service confirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Recommended for all ages
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We could not have had a better experience visiting museums than with our tour guide Alejandro Jacome. Guide Ecuador. CEO . He is an extremely knowledgeable and personable guide- who was very enthusiastic we had chosen the 2 museums in Quito which were his favorites as well. The…
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from Guidecuador, General Manager at Private Tour Quito Museums
Responded Mar. 18, 2020
Dear Friends Thank you very much for your words , we hope to see you next time South America
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: GUIDEcuador Travel
Galapagos and Ecuador Experience
After searching many options, I chose GUIDEcuador to plan our 9 days in the Galapagos, island hopping and 9 days in…
A day beyond expectations
We just returned from a day tour to Mindo Cloud Forest with our guide Estevan. It was a wonderful well spent day. E…
Ling Ling W00
The eight-day tour of the Galapagos was absolutely awesome. I went with three friends and we essentially had a priv…
Best guided tour ever
We were on a two-week trip around Ecuador and Galapagos. In the first week we covered the route: Quito -> Cotopaxi …
Fantastic way to Explore Quito City & The Equator
We loved the ride with amazing views of Quito Old town , the fresh orange juice was delicious at the fruit market …
Wow! Galapagos! Bucket list thing to do!
Super trip. The guides were knowledgeable. The wildlife was abundant and amazing to see. The schedule was great. …
AMAZING TRIP! AMAZING TOUR! AMAZING GUIDE! LOVED ECUADOR!
Alejandro took me and my partner on an 8 day tour around mainland Ecuador. We visited Quito, trekked through the b…
Amazing day out in spite of less than ideal external circumstances
This is really a two-part review. First, the experience in general: This was a fantastic way to see some highlights…
Great Trip Otavalo Market
Alejandro did a great job. Very punctual and made a nice stop along the way for a break that included traditional m…
We did the equator and telefiriqo. Alejandro was an awesome tour guide! Highly recommend. Can’t wait to come back a…
Loved the tour!!
We were able to see great sites in Ecuador. We were on a private tour through the Ecuadorian Andes and loved every …
Very positive, Alejandro was an excellent guide, accurate, friendly
See above. In every aspect, Alejandro complied with our special request on pick up and drop location. I can call h…
Superb Galapagos Tour!!!
Highly recommended Guidecuador Travel and all its Tours. We had joined the group in January for 9 day trip ( Galapa…
Well worth the time and money, saw all the sights we had it in mind
My wife and I enjoyed this trip a lot. The weather was perfect and also our wonderful Guide Alex . we will love to …
Ecuador and Galapagos 12 Day Tour
Alejandro was our tour guide through Ecuador and the Galapagos islands for 12 days. We had 8 teenagers and 6 adults…
- Duration: 4–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 655 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 123 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 635 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 367 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 917 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Tour Quito Museums
What time does Private Tour Quito Museums start?
Private Tour Quito Museums will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Private Tour Quito Museums on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Private Tour Quito Museums?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Tour Quito Museums on Tripadvisor
How much is Private Tour Quito Museums?
Private Tour Quito Museums price starts from C$105.51. Discover and book Private Tour Quito Museums on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Tour Quito Museums cancellation policy?
Private Tour Quito Museums cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour Quito Museums on Tripadvisor