5-Day Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu
Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (13)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Do you want to take part in an adventure that will last a lifetime? Join us on our popular 5-Day Choquequirao Trek & Machu Picchu. These ruins are situated on top of a mountain that is unknown to most. It is compared to Machu Picchu because of the palaces, temples, canals, and aqueducts. Being "rediscovered" and then forgotten is the especial story of Choquequirao, the last Inca shelter. In 1768, Cosme Bueno, a historian, was the first person to announce its existence. The French Eugen de Santiges and Leónce Angrad did the same in XIX century. In 1911, Hiram Bingham, who discovered Machu Picchu the same year, acknowledged the importance of its buildings. You will learn how the Inca's lived and thrived during their period. If you like history and adventure, this tour is for you!
Cusco - lima Tambo - Cachora -...
Chiquisca - Maranpata -...
Choquequirao Ruins - Maranpata -...
Chiquisca - Cachora -...
Cachora - Aguas Calientes -...
- Professional Bilingual guides.
- Transportation ( hotel pickup )
- 4 breakfast, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- 3 nights Camping and 1 Hostel Accommodation.
- Sleeping mattresse
- Cook horseman mules (carry up to 5kg per person )
- Double occupancy tents
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian Option or special diet-Free available.
- First breakfast, last Day lunch and dinner
- Entry to hot springs in Aguas Calientes (10 Soles)
- Mineral water (boiled water provided with food but you can buy it along the way)
- Bus tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu US$12 each way
- Huayna Picchu mountain US$ 25 AND Machu Picchu mountain US$25
- Sleeping bag ( you can hire from us US$ 15)
- Walking poles (you can hire from us US$ 15)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) student card if applicable) green card if you are student
- Note: you have to bring your student card to Machu Picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machu Picchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Hiking boots, Sandals or Flip Flops
- Water proof jacket, Rain Poncho, T-shirts, Shorts pants, Comfortable trousers, Sun hat, Sun Block Sunglasses,Insect repellent 15 % of deet at least - no malaria risk reported, Toilet Paper, Personal Medication, flashlight (it is useful for early mornings), Plasters, Sandals, Bathing suit for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes
- Emergency money at least 200- 300 extra soles (USD$120)
- Walking poles (with rubber tips). They can also be hired from us (walking poles are not allowed into Machu Picchu city)
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Peru Travel Company
Great value for money
We booked with this company and paid 130USD for the 4 days - less than everyone else who ended up on the same tour …
5 day Salkantay trek
5 day Salkantay trek was so cool and lots of fun. Despite doing it in the rainy season we still had fun. The trek i…
I had an unforgettable time climbing Huayna Picchu! The scenic views were breathtaking, and not just because of the…
Very good, good guides and super organized. meal was good and the driver too. very happy about this tour
I booked with Peru Travel Company at my hostel, which was a really easy process. They then paired me up with anothe…
Great tour, extremely fun and headache free as all the planning is done for you!
We had an awesome time on this 3 day tour which started with a 2 hour downhill mountain bike session. We hit rain a…
Best experience ever!
I had the time of my life at the 3 days Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu. William and Edwin are simply the best. I …
Unforgettable all weather experience
We booked the 5 day 4 night salkantay trek with William. He was very informative and helpful. As he is based in our…
Did the 3 day in a jungle tour. Very friendly guide Richard. He knew a lot about Inca history, spoke English very w…
Machu Picchu on a budget
Great tour. I really wanted to see Machu Picchu while spending as little money as possible. Peru Travel Company del…
Me and my friends booked the one day tour to see moray and the maras salt mines. The tour was cery well organised a…
Great tour outside of cusco
I met some friends in a hostel while I was staying in cusco, and we took this tour together, the first place we wen…
Tons of fun, really well organized and no issues at all!
Thanks for your help William, my trip went off without a hitch. Would recommend to anyone. Also, Richard the tour g…
Overall a fantastic experience
We got picked up at our hotel by our guide Carlos to be informed it’ll only be us on the tour which I found rather …
Peru Travel Company/ Salkantay Treck
Travel agency couldn‘t have been better. They organized everything perfect- always helpful and very approachable. W…
- Peru Travel Company, Peru Travel Company, and 3 more
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071