View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Enjoy the natural colours of the rarely visited Rainbow Mountain, located in one of the mountain ranges of Peru that has the highest concentration of snow-capped peaks and near the highest peak in southern Peru, the Ausangate in the mountain ranges of Vilcanota. This creates beautiful high-Andean landscapes with extensive snow-capped mountains and beautiful lagoons.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Agencia Vinicunca, Montaña ArcoirisStop: 10 hours - Admission includedYou will need to wake up early to enjoy this natural marvel at its best. Between 3:45 am and 4:15 am, we’ll pick you up directly from your hotel to start our ride to the south of Cusco through beautiful landscapes of valleys and agricultural communities. First we will drive for around 2 hours to to the town of Cusipata (3,329m / 12,772 ft.). After breakfast in Chillihuani we will continue our trip by van, following a beautiful way between the mountains, accompanied by our first views of Ausangate, highest peak of Cusco. Along the way we will pass through herds of hundreds of alpacas and llamas and the occasional shepherd or local people moving about their daily activities. Our ascent will begin in Phuluwasipata and last about 2 hours, bringing us to our final destination and highest point on our Rainbow Mountain trek (or Vinicunca trek), at 5,020 mts / 16,470 ft. Here we will stop to admire and appreciate the outstanding views in all directions and the rare geological formations that appear to be painted with exotic colors by Gods hand. Far below and into the distance are infinite valleys and glaciers as far as one can see. We will stop for about 30 minutes – the perfect amount of time to rest, to have a snack, and immerse yourself in this wild environment. Then, we start to go back by a different way, the “Red Valley”, we call it likethat for the red color of the mountain soil, they look pretty nice and you will find only a few people, this is a totally different experience. After we must begin our descent, roughly an hour and a half hours towards the point where we started the day’s hike in Phuluwasipata, there our transport will be waiting to take us to restaurant in Chillihuani where we enjoy an energizing lunch. We will have time after lunch to visit some of the local households and observe the lifestyle and customs that are still being practiced today since Inca times. Here the native language of Quechua is spoken very well and agriculture is essential for life. At the end of the day our tour will conclude with an opportunity to meet with local people from the community before making our journey back to Cusco in our private van. We will leave you back at your hotel around 4:30 p.m to 5:30 p.m.Read more
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Pickup and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Freshly prepared, hot lunch.
- Trekking poles
- Entry/Admission - Agencia Vinicunca, Montaña Arcoiris
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for your crew
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Waman Adventures
Amazing week in Peru
This was by far the best vacation ever. My family and I visited lots of places in Cusco, as well as the most…
San Diego, California20
Machu Picchu 3 day tour
I had an excellent experience. I was met at the airport with the tour owner who carefully explained the…
I had 3 days with Franco and 1 day with Paul. Both were absolutely fantastic. Really professional and great at…
Excellent trip to Machu Picchu with Franco!
The tour in Chincero, Maras and Moray were informative and our guide, Franco helped us take many beautiful photos!…
Well worth it
Wayman picked us up from our hotel even though it was on the outskirts of Lima. After taking us to the museum they…
Wellington, New Zealand40
An outstanding tour
At every step of the way, Waman Adventures had anticipated our needs and organised every detail. All pickups…
Excellent museum, excellent guide
It happened that only two of us bought this tour on this day. Waman Adventures turned it into our personal tour…
The wild spirit
I decided to visit Cusco with my family, the agency gave us a very organized service with a lot of punctuality.…
Amazing trip to Machupicchu!!
Me and friends signed up on a package where the 2 Day Sacred Valley and Machupicchu was included, it was one of…
The tour was just a few hours but it was really good. I enjoy it a lot and the guide was very nice and fun!
- Duration: 10–11 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071