This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Strategic Missile Forces Museum, Pobuz'ke Ukraine
STRATEGIC MISSILE FORCES MUSEUM PRIVATE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
A REAL MISSILE FORCES BASE
- A silo-based missile launcher – the only one left in Ukraine;
- 40 meters deep underground unified command post (UCP). It’s defensive constructions are able to withstand a direct hit by a nuclear warhead;
- 3 meters deep underground passages connecting the base units.
BALLISTIC MISSILES AND THEIR COMPONENTS
- SS-18 “Satan”. Weight 211 tons, length 34 meters, operating range 15,000 km.;
- SS-4 «Sandal» (Р-12) – operating range up to 2,000 km. The deployment of these missiles in Cuba in 1962 provoked the Caribbean crisis.
- Various combat missile parts and components.
"RED" BUTTON AND UCP
Visit the very heart of the strategic missile forces base – its command post, and you will see where the whole nuclear arsenal was commanded from. Former base officers, who now conduct excursions there, will show you the “red” button – the missile launcher console (in fact, it was necessary to simultaneously press two buttons and turn the keys to end the civilisation as we know it).
REAL TANK RIDING (Optional)
Once this tank guarded a secret missile base, and today you have a unique opportunity to ride it.
At a military training ground next to the Strategic Missile Forces Museum, you can have a ride in the T-62 tank cockpit and feel the mighty power of the 700 hp engine.
Duration: 6 hours