Recommended by 84% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Hike to Base Camp
OX Expeditions, 2a Calle Poniente #23, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Returns to original departure point
- Bilingual professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle to and from Antigua
- Lunch, dinner and breakfast on the volcano
- Free rental of all gear (backpacks, sleeping bags and warm clothes)
- Hot drinks and wine!
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Park Entrance Fee (Q50)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This hike was WILD! It is definitely not for the faint of heart but you set your mind to it and go with a guide like Alonzo you’ll make it no problem. Alonzo from Ox was super skilled and let us know all of the ups and downs (mostly ups of the hike 😝) He made the trip awesome…
Date of experience: March 2021
A perfect trip - great guide (Romero) who provided thoughtful and insightful information regarding the hike, the mountains, the flora and fauna as well as the people. The climb is not far, but it's up hill - and the air is thin. Consider a porter if you want an easier time. …
Date of experience: February 2021
I am a very experienced hiker but this experience was unpleasant. There were far too few guides and they left us because we "went too slow" and kept rushing us even though several people were sick from the altitude. There was no support and the guide kept wanting to split up…
My boyfriend and I booked the Acatenango overnight hike with Ox Expeditions & were very happy with our adventure with them. Our guide was super knowledgable and continually kept us updated with how much longer we had to go, and made sure we had enough breaks to stop and rest.…
Date of experience: February 2020
Why? Man, where do I start. Pay the extra, its worth every cent. They provide ample food to keep you going from the morning to the end of the trip. They have great knowledgable and helpful guides (Romeo & Daniel, you guys rock!), they are great at timing for sunsets and…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: OX Expeditions
Amazing Company...well Worth Every Penny!
We chose OX tours based on their good reviews and were not disappointed. The company was professional, organized an…
Our family recently did the Pacaya Overnight experience with Zach of Ox Expeditions and it was probably one of the …
Amazing day - Acatenango
FABULOUS hike! We did the day hike to Acatenango with Milton. He was so amazing and we had the best time. He even t…
Bucket list Experience
My wife and I did the Pacaya Day trip with OX and what an amazing adventure it was. Our guide Chino was a true gent…
Unique experience but lack of professionalism
The overall experience was great, seeing the volcano and roasting marshmallows. The briefing on the day before was …
Cycling the towns around Antigua
This tour far exceeded our expectations. Henry was an outstanding guide - knowledgeable, friendly and very genuine.…
Very professional tour operator - Gareth as a guide: top!
I did the Double Whammy back in december with OX, it was amazing. Pre meeting the day before, very good equipment, …
Very close to the erupting volcano
Very good experience where you can get very close to an active volcano. The views are splendid, the hike is not too…
A must do if you are in Guatemala !!
A fantastic, well organized visit. Our guide Romeo waited for all the other tourist groups to leave and then he too…
Acatenango overnight tour!
Amazing experience but group size was big which meant a lot of waiting around. For the price paid I would expect a …
Favourite time in Antigua
My partner and I really wanted to see a volcano and this was the perfect way to do it. We speak little to no Englis…
Unforgettable One Day Hike to Acatenango!
What an amazing day! Our tour guide Diane was kind, knowledgeable and tailored the tour to our group’s abilities. W…
Lost City Private Bike Tour
Ended up being the only person booked, so I had the guide to myself! Alonzo was very friendly and pleasant and made…
Amazing experience with a really professional company!
I recently did a tour to Pacaya Volcano with OX and it was the most incredible experience! Our guide was very frie…
Good itinerary, poor guide, Tour misrepresented
We took the Lost City mountain bike tour with OX. We were fortunate enough to have a private tour by sheer luck be…
- OX Outdoor Excursions - Day Tours, Acatenango Volcano
- Duration: 2 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 463 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 881 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 103 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Acatenango Overnight
- Acatenango Overnight price starts from C$112.13. Discover and book Acatenango Overnight on Tripadvisor
- Acatenango Overnight cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Acatenango Overnight on Tripadvisor
- Acatenango Overnight is hosted by OX Expeditions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact OX Expeditions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Acatenango Overnight on Tripadvisor