View all photos (19)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Feast ThailandStop: 4 hours - Admission includedThe term 'Jing Jing' means real or authentic. For us, it’s about doing Thai food justice. This tour is deliberately designed with the more experienced Thai traveller in mind. It is for the traveller looking to find new and exciting Thai dishes that they have not yet tried. We try some spicy dishes along with more mild ones; all exhibiting that wonderful Thai ‘balance’. We start the tour sampling a dish which is popular all over Thailand; Pad Ga-phrao • Spicy Stir F w/- Basil. It's made using a paste of fresh chillies and garlic. This dish should be quite spicy and with the addition of lots of holy basil at the end, have a wonderful peppery mouthfeel. We will taste it the way it was made traditionally, before bringing your mouth back to prepare you for our next destination. We then travel a short distance to awaken our taste buds a little further at a roadside vendor either just outside the Chat Chai Market or Big G. Here we will be trying Yam Naem Khao Thot, a fermented pork salad with broken up crispy rice balls scattered through; an absolute flavour sensation! We jump back on board our transport to sample the joy that is Isaan • NorthEastern food. Here we try a dish which is fast becoming Thailand's national dish, Som Dtam • Green Papaya Salad; though we will pick one of the myriad variations to the standard papaya, just to challenge your taste buds. We pair this with Khanom Jeen • Fermented Rice Noodles. We also try a spicy dish called Soop Nor Mai • Hot 'n' Sour Warm Bamboo Shoot Salad; definitely a warm salad, rather than a soup. It seems very herby and is usually dark green in colour, due to the inclusion of Bai Yaa-naang, a leafy plant unique to SE Asia. Next stop is in the back streets of Hua Hin. Here we try some southern food, which is often redolent of Indian spices like turmeric. Dishes will include Bplaa Dook Fuu Phat Phrik Gaeng • Stir Fried Crispy Shredded Catfish, as well as either Sa-dtor Phat Phrik Gaeng • Stir Fried Stink Beans w/- Prawns. Our last stop is a restaurant not known to many. Its location is difficult to find for travellers and many locals also do not know of it however it serves up great dishes with orgins from all over Thailand. Note: Sometimes our regular vendors are closed on the day you have a tour booked, however we have other vendors that are equally as good in the event that there are closures.Read more
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (distance restrictions apply). If you are outside our free pickup zone, which is in the Hua Hin city or Khao Takiab areas, there will be a transportation surcharge
- Food tasting at 4 restaurants and 1 street food vendor; around 15 items
- English speaking Thai tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Feast Thailand
- Personal expenses
- Alcohol (may be purchased)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of the Hua Hin City and Khao Takiab areas. If you are staying outside of our free pickup zone, there will be a transportation surcharge. Feast Thailand will contact you after your booking is confirmed to inform you of this surcharge. This will need to be paid at the commencement of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour is not suitable for guests who are vegan, gluten intolerant or who have a nut allergy.
- Tour is not suitable for strict vegetarians, as it is difficult to avoid fish and oyster sauces. We can cater for Vegetarians who eat these sauces, however they may not get the full amount of advertised tastes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements upon booking.
- No walking is involved as we utilise local transport; Songtheaws.
- Minimum tour numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation, even after confirmation, if there are not enough passengers to meet minimum requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative, or full refund.
- Feast Thailand carries compulsory Travel Accident Insurance, which is required by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). This policy is underwritten by Safety Insurance Public Company Limited. All guests on a booking must advise their name, passport number, nationality and date of birth in order to be insured, as required by Thai law. This information is confidential and will not be used in any other way.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Feast Thailand
London, United Kingdom3610
Great food discovery tour
We really enjoyed it all, trying out new food we’d never have picked ourselves at street market and two…
Gino De Craemer
Top food experience
Our guide Cream was very nice. She knows a lot to tell about the typical way of linving and eating of the Thai…
Great experience all-round and thoroughly recommended
This was an excellent tour and a really enjoyable way to spend the morning. Our host Cream ensured we tasted a…
One of the best food tours we have done
We have done food tours in many places , Hanoi, , Lisbon , , Cadiz , ,Bergamo , kuala Lumpur and can honestly…
Eat like a local
As a food lover I am always looking for traditional local dishes to try when I travel. Went to Thailand for a few…
Eat like a local Tour
Cream was an amazing tour guide, went above and beyond. We were introduced to new foods and drinks which we liked.…
This is our second tour with Cream from the Feast Thailand company. 4 corners of Thai cuisine, all different, all…
My mother and I really enjoyed the tour. Cream was our tour guide and showed us those special places only the…
Hua Hin, Thailand30
Highly recommended tour.
An excellent tour with guide Cream who was so knowledgeable and helpful. We visited a local market and sampled…
Worcester, United Kingdom207
We took the evening tour and can’t recommend it highly enough. Our guide was very friendly and capable but above…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071