Semuc Champey An astounding system of natural pools set amid a dense tripical jungle. A natural limestone bridge spans 500 meters above the waters of the mighty Cahabon River. Surrounding it, there are a number of spectacular calm turquoise-waqter pools. This amazing natural wonder can be best seen from a look-out point atop a hill, but in the very warm weather of the jungle, the clear water below beckons visitors to take a refreshing swim in these extraordinary pools.
Ages 12-50, max of 10 per group
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Shared transportation round trip Antigua-Lanquin-Antigua
- Two nights of accommodation at Hostal Oasis or similar (*) Ecological hostel
- Park fees in Semuc Champey and K'anba Caves
- Local bilingual guide
- Life jacket the second day for the tour
- Entry/Admission - Semuc Champey
- Personal expenses
- Meals not described
- Entry/Admission - Lanquin Caves
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- We pick up in most of the hotels in Lanquin. Is very important for us to receive the exact address. Please make sure you give us the right information.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 17499P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for children under 10 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 17499P10
Shared transportation from...
Shared tour to Semuc Champey and...
Shared transportation from...
About the operator
Joined in January 2014
#25 of 159 Tours & Activities in Antigua
- Lisbethdiazz00Beautiful day tourThe tour was amazing! A lot of information, the tour guide Elena was great and very nice. Only thing is that the drive to the lake is long and is going up and down mountains so if you get car sick, please be ready. Other than that, perfect day tour!
- Navigate32480300Enjoyable hike.As others have mentioned: the park entrance fee is likely not included in your 'booked excursion', so check closely and bring quetzales. I like to hike at a brisk walking pace, which is what our guide was doing. I could keep up with him, but I was definitely huffing and puffing a bit (not sure if altitude and/or we were on second day of trip and my legs felt a bit tired). So it took me about an hour, but a so-so conditioned person can do it in 80 minutes, with short rests here and there. It's actually quite vigorous, I recommend bringing a minimum of 24 ozs of water and wear short sleeves. I wore hiking type pants and hiking shoes. Shorts would have been ok. Sneakers would work, although they'd likely get really dirty. There is definitely quite a bit of rocky/rooty terrain. (Our excursion included then going to 'hot springs' that were really some heated pools at a hotel, but they did feel good, it was not too over-crowded and it was an enjoyable post-hike relaxation activity)
- staufferjames00Beatiful views to an alien landscapeHelpful guide. He ran my backpack up to another person in my group who was riding a horse. He stopped to explain a few plants and bugs along the way. He even ate a grub.
- emilyoO1144UD00Tour pacaya VolcanoI love Guatemala ... It´s boutiful landscapes , I loved the experience at the Pacaya Volcano, the views are wonderful. They have a great service, the staff is very friendly and helpful! I would like to be back soon.
- markhamk202100Stunning views with tasty treatFantastic tour. Stress free pick up and drop off. Hike was moderate but definitely recommend to bring hiking shoes and water. Beautiful views and amazing experience roasting marshmallows over the volcano!
- Climber66224000Neat day trip!Neat trip and hike on the volcano. We were picked up exactly on time, our guide spoke great English and was very informative about the volcano. Roasting marshmallows on a volcano was a unique experience!
- adambC5974QR00Terrific!The hike to the volcano was one of the phenomenal experiences, they picked me up on time, the trip was comfortable, when I arrived we started the hike they gave us a warm welcome, I enjoyed the way, beautiful views to take photos, we roasted marshmallows on the hot spots and made pizza among the rocks, thanks to Alicia who was the girl who kindly assisted me in the office, I highly recommend them!
- Kevin O00Great hike with convenient transportation!Great hike and views! The uphill was shorter than anticipated (about 1hr 20min total up) and the downhill was less steep and full of cool views of the lava fields and surrounding mountain sides. Note there is no flowing lava at this time (Sept 2023). Also note there are people trying to sell horse rides and they will hike next to you the whole way up. If you stay towards the front of the group, it is less crowded and more enjoyable (unless you want to walk next to or behind horses). This pickup from downtown Antigua and drop off was also very easy. They had comfortable busses and picked up and dropped off every member of the tour from their hotels/airbnbs. Don’t forget Quetzals to tip the tour guide(s) and bus driver. Overall highly recommend and would do again!
- lcuandon00Good intro hikeThe hike was great and the pizza guy at the end was awesome! A little steep and loose dirt, but def doable and def easier than Acatenango
- Stefan K00Beautiful views and unique experience!Amazing experience! Shuttle picked us up right on time at 6am and we made it out to the trail head in about an hour. The hike itself is not too difficult, and our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. Beautiful views on the way up for photo opportunities, and roasting marshmallows and eating pizza made over the volcanic rocks at the top was a great way to cap it off. The whole thing takes about 2 hours up and down and you’re back in Antigua by around 12pm. Highly recommended!
- amberhZ1431XO00Nice lake but wouldn’t do the tour againThe trip was ok- the lake was pretty but more time was spent shopping at the villages. All of the souvenirs and stuff are the same as you would see elsewhere. They stopped for breakfast and lunch at sit down restaurants and if you weren’t eating you just had to sit there and that felt like a waste of time. There was also the expectation that everyone do the tuktuk and if one person didn’t go, the whole group didn’t go. The tour was not in Spanish, but English
- K8357CNanat00Our great experience to pacaya volcano hikeIt was hard but worth it at the end so beautiful breath taking ✨️ our driver came to pick us up on time very nice gentleman our guide a very happy joung men very polite and intiusiastic Ii was raining but rain help with weather I will definitely recommend it 😀
- alannamejia2300Great TourVery friendly staff and great tour guide! Tour guide was very informative and did great at making sure we took breaks throughout the hike which made it more enjoyable and easy. Overall company was great as they picked up/dropped off each passenger. Would definitely recommend!
- Trail45350600Well worthwhile, a great day!It was a really great experience and something well worth doing! Our guide was truly great. The only problem that we had was that the driver getting there from Antigua took a very curious route through the mountains and drove very fast. That part wasn’t a pleasant experience. The actual tour was amazing. The ride back was great with a really good driver who took a really safe route and drove very safely. All in all this was a very good trip and I would do it again.
- Cchill201200Experience Pacaya If You Can!Super outing! This a great short hike with amazing views. We booked through trip advisor, everything was on time and well communicated and we had a great time. The views were really stunning and you could see the recent lava flows. They cook pizza and roast marshmallows on the hot steam rising from the earth which was pretty fun. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable making for an all around great way to experience the wondrous environment of Antigua.