View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Explore the sights and sounds of Old Delhi as you walk through its rich history, culture and vibrant markets. Shop for exquisite clothes or textiles at the Meena Bazaar and put your bargaining skills to the test. This 3-hour tour starting at 04:00 pm will help you to understand and learn about the fascinating history of Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib and the Jama Masjid. Delight your taste buds with the flavours and textures of the deliciously famous ‘Dilli’ street food.
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Chandni ChowkStop: 3 hours -This is an enlightening short tour of Old Delhi, whose rich heritage, vibrant markets, and diversity in architectural styles, make it a hotspot for tourists visiting the capital. This three-hour trail takes you through some of the prominent structures of the city, with an enlightening narrative on the fascinating history of each. Walk through the bustling streets, and enjoy an experience on foot as you explore the sights and sounds of Old Delhi. Treat yourself to some delightful street food and put your bargaining skills to the test as you shop. The trail beings at Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, one of the nine historical gurudwaras of Delhi, located near Chandni Chowk. Know the tragic story behind the beheading that took place at this site. This is a tale of faith and bravery, of a Sikh Guru who refused to convert to Islam. From here, proceed to Meena Bazaar, a market renowned for its large varieties of clothes and textiles, ranging from the ordinary to the luxuriant with exquisite embroidery and vibrant colours. Your insightful guide will lead you to the best shops in the market and guide you through the entire process of buying, right from choosing the best quality clothes, to explaining their uses. After a delightful shopping experience, carry your bag full of goodies and head to the eateries, its time to try some delicious food! Your gracious hosts can help you even there, leading you to the choicest eateries and guiding you through the best there is on the menu. The mouth watering delicacies with incredible flavours, spices and textures, will surely be a treat to your taste buds. After a sumptuous meal and a happy stomach, continue walking through the busy market till you reach the Jama Masjid. One of the largest mosques in India, it was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century. As this absorbing trail comes to an end, you will surely leave enriched with the knowledge of Delhi’s monuments, a happy stomach and a whole new fondness towards the capital city.Read more
- Well seasoned and proficient host to guide you through the history and street food of Delhi
- Food tastings
- All taxes and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Recommended gratuities
- Camera usage fees in historic sites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Please report to the meeting point on time and respect the host's punctuality
- The participants are requested to wear walking shoes without heels
- Preferably do not carry food items with you since you have to lug it around, leads to littering and is also a great incentive for monkeys
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Best place to visit
Every Indian in their life must visit Akshardham especially the boat ride that makes us proud and inspires us to st…
Did the cooking class today, learnt so much and the food was delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone coming to …
Bumpy road from vandiperiyar, mostly full of lemongrass forest ride. Dangerous off road drive, with no roads. One w…
Silk Tour and Old Bangaluru
I had the opportunity to visit parts of the city that I never would have visited on my own as a solo traveler. Fro…
Avoid priests and celebrants
Pushkar's lake is beautiful. The priests and consorts who entice you to make an offering, or puja, by the lake side…
Informative, eventful and a memorable activity :)
The walk was nicely organized and structured by the Wandertrails local supplier. The activity is a complete package…
A refreshing experience!
I wanted to try something really different this time for my upcoming trip to Munnar. So I googled for some unique a…
Quiet, beautiful picnic spot
The drive to the south of Goa to this ancient Shiva temple is beautiful. The place itself has a gushing brook to wa…
While at Mangaladass, got this wonderful opportunity to visit the market as well. Fruits and vegetables here are in…
Incredible…no other word justify the performance of Kathakali dancers… It was a great experience of Kerala tour ar…
An incredible behind the scenes tour of Old Bangalore and its silk industry
We spent a great morning touring parts of the city that we would never be able to find our own. We got to see the p…
An adventurous drive to remember....
We took a jeep (Mahindra) from near the Periyar reserve and went to Sathram. It was a fantastic drive. It may not b…
Watching master craftsmen at work
After some confusion on meeting place, I had a great tour with Ali. As a solo female traveler it was great to get …
Fantastic Bike Ride!
The bike ride was fantastic! We were able to experience smaller communities, enjoy the the agriculture and families…
Best organizers for a enjoyable tours
We have booked our 10 day Rajasthan trip with Wandertrails between January 2nd to 13th 2017. From the beginning the…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071