View all photos (4)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Fall in love with the history, culture, people & food of Delhi, in just three hours, as you walk through its enchanting streets and markets. Know the stories behind the historical monuments of Red Fort, Sis Ganj Gurudwara and Jama Masjid in this 3-hour walking tour starting at 09:00 am. Feast on different kinds of Indian flatbreads as you bite your way through Paranthe Wali Gali. Walk through the bustling Kinari Bazaar, a wholesale market that caters to everything you might need for a wedding ceremony.
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Chandni ChowkStop: 3 minutes -A visit to Delhi means delving into a history so deep, that it takes you centuries back to when the Mughal’s ruled almost the whole of North India. For many, this may seem like a history lesson, boring and unsatisfying, but here is an experience that takes you through not only the history of the monuments but also the flavours, spices and crowds that define the capital city. This is a three hour walk with an enthusiastic guide who will take you on a tour of Delhi’s heart, the streets of Chandi Chowk. Starting at the Red Fort gate, walk through the magnificent red sandstone structure that has stood tall since the 19th century. Directly across this monument lies the oldest and best-known Jain temple of Delhi- Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir. Visit the Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib next, one of the nine historical gurudwaras in Delhi. As you walk, admire the religious harmony amongst these monuments and their exquisite architecture that makes them the architectural wonders that they still are, centuries after their inception. Now, it's time to explore the bustling markets of Delhi. Going through the Kinari Bazaar and the gold market, explore the sights and sounds of these bazaar’s where the traders ply their trade. While your hunger for knowledge will be satisfied by the insightful guide, this trail also has the perfect recipe for a happy stomach. Try the different varieties of parathas or Indian flatbreads, as you bite your way through Paranthe Wali Gali. Further along, you will visit the Mirza Ghalib Haveli- the residence of the famous Urdu poet Mirza Ghalib and the historical Jama Masjid. As this trail comes to an end, capture the unique essence of Delhi’s markets and monuments one last time, before you get ready to leave.Read more
- Well seasoned and proficient host to guide you through the history and street food of Delhi
- Food tastings
- All taxes and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Recommended gratuities
- Camera usage fees in historic sites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Please report to the meeting point on time and respect the host's punctuality
- The participants are requested to wear walking shoes without heels
- Preferably do not carry food items with you since you have to lug it around, leads to littering and is also a great incentive for monkeys
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Best place to visit
Every Indian in their life must visit Akshardham especially the boat ride that makes us proud and inspires us to…
Did the cooking class today, learnt so much and the food was delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone coming to…
Bumpy road from vandiperiyar, mostly full of lemongrass forest ride. Dangerous off road drive, with no roads. One…
Silk Tour and Old Bangaluru
I had the opportunity to visit parts of the city that I never would have visited on my own as a solo traveler. …
Avoid priests and celebrants
Pushkar's lake is beautiful. The priests and consorts who entice you to make an offering, or puja, by the lake…
Informative, eventful and a memorable activity :)
The walk was nicely organized and structured by the Wandertrails local supplier. The activity is a complete…
A refreshing experience!
I wanted to try something really different this time for my upcoming trip to Munnar. So I googled for some unique…
Quiet, beautiful picnic spot
The drive to the south of Goa to this ancient Shiva temple is beautiful. The place itself has a gushing brook to…
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia7936
While at Mangaladass, got this wonderful opportunity to visit the market as well. Fruits and vegetables here are…
Incredible…no other word justify the performance of Kathakali dancers… It was a great experience of Kerala tour…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071