View all photos (3)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 10)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
A true delight for history buffs- this trail goes through the historical markets and monuments of Chandni Chowk. Being a prominent historian and an avid storyteller, the guide will share fascinating tales of Old Delhi’s historical market. Visit the oldest railway station of Delhi- a red sandstone structure who’s inception dates back to the 19th century. The walking tour starts at 08:00 am, see the Fatehpuri Masjid and St. Steven’s Church- two heritage buildings with exquisite architecture. The tour ends at 11:00 am.
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Chandni ChowkStop: 3 hours -This short trail of three hours takes you through the historical market of Chandni Chowk who’s origin dates back to the 17th century. Built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, this is one of the largest and most popular markets in India. Accompanied by a prominent historian, delve into the mayhem of the markets and the captivating history of Old Delhi. The insightful walk starts at the Hardayal Library at 8:00 am and takes you through the highlights around Chandni Chowk in three hours. Situated in the heart of Chandni Chowk, it is the oldest public library of Delhi. From here, walk to the Old Delhi Railway Station- a red sandstone structure who’s inception dates back to the 19th century. Continuing down the Queen’s road, see the Fatehpuri Masjid and St. Steven’s Church, two historical structures that exist in religious harmony, close to each other. The St. Steven’s Church is a magnificent example of a Gothic baroque-styled architecture while the Fatehpuri Masjid, flanked by minarets, has a traditional design. The next halt is at the Namak Haram ki Haveli, which translates to ‘The mansion of a traitor’ in English. This structure was named so because of the treachery shown by its owner Bhawani Shankar Khatri, who deserted the Maratha ruler to join the British troops in the Battle of Patparganj. After listening to some interesting snippets about this mansion, continue walking to Chunnamal Ki Haveli, which is a magnificent three-storeyed mansion. Visit Caravan Serai, a resting inn built by princess Jahanara, for weary travellers. Following the undulating lanes and listening to the fascinating narrative by your guide, you will reach the end of your walk - a bittersweet conclusion as the sight of the station and the crowds slowly brings you back to reality. Diving into the capital’s rich history, this walk through Chandni Chowk is certainly one worth takingRead more
- Well seasoned and proficient host to guide you through the history of Delhi
- All taxes and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
- Recommended gratuities
- Camera usage fees in historic sites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The walk was nicely organized and structured by the Wandertrails local supplier. The activity is a complete package of history, culinary and a local market shopping experience.
Date of experience: November 2018
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Best place to visit
Every Indian in their life must visit Akshardham especially the boat ride that makes us proud and inspires us to…
Did the cooking class today, learnt so much and the food was delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone coming to…
Bumpy road from vandiperiyar, mostly full of lemongrass forest ride. Dangerous off road drive, with no roads. One…
Silk Tour and Old Bangaluru
I had the opportunity to visit parts of the city that I never would have visited on my own as a solo traveler. …
Avoid priests and celebrants
Pushkar's lake is beautiful. The priests and consorts who entice you to make an offering, or puja, by the lake…
Informative, eventful and a memorable activity :)
The walk was nicely organized and structured by the Wandertrails local supplier. The activity is a complete…
A refreshing experience!
I wanted to try something really different this time for my upcoming trip to Munnar. So I googled for some unique…
Quiet, beautiful picnic spot
The drive to the south of Goa to this ancient Shiva temple is beautiful. The place itself has a gushing brook to…
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia7936
While at Mangaladass, got this wonderful opportunity to visit the market as well. Fruits and vegetables here are…
Incredible…no other word justify the performance of Kathakali dancers… It was a great experience of Kerala tour…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from $30.00* $40.00