View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 10)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Discover the beauty of Chandni Chowk and know the unheard tales of its historical monuments, with a renowned historian as your guide. Gain an insight into the history of Chandni Chowk as you explore its bustling markets and heritage structures. With a prominent historian by your side, this walk will surely be an interesting and fun filled experience. The tour starts at 08:00 am and continue till 11:00 am. See the impressive sandstone structure of Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir that was originally built in the year 1658.
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Chandni ChowkStop: 3 hours -Walk through the oldest and busiest markets of Old Delhi and witness the sights and sounds of this charming market that houses some of the most historical structures of Delhi. Nestled in Old Delhi, Chandni Chowk, also called as Moonlight Square, was built in the 17th century by Mughal Emperor- Shah Jahan. This heritage market has been a part of India’s glorious history, and travelling through the sands of time, it has grown to be one of India’s largest wholesale markets. This short 3-4 hour trail through the streets of Chandni Chowk begins at Shri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir, the oldest Jain temple in the capital city of Delhi. With a renowned historian of Delhi as your guide, enjoy some enlightening narratives and staggering facts about this heritage structure. See the Gauri Shankar temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva by a Maratha general and the famous Moti cinema that held many vital conferences during India’s freedom struggle. As you walk along, you will realise that this unique market has a charm that can only be experienced on foot- not through words or pictures, but by visually experiencing its fascinating markets, full of hustle and bustle. A short walk from the Moti cinema, is the palace of Begum Samru and the Central Baptist Church, who’s inception dates back to the 19th century. Lying next to each other in religious harmony are the historical Gurudwara Sheesh Ganj and Sunehri Masjid. Listen to the intriguing tales behind these heritage structures from the 18th century and marvel at their architecture. This history walk also covers the Ghantewala Halwai, Katra Shahenshahi, Town Hall, Chhunnamal's Haveli, Ghalib's Haveli and many other structures that add to the rustic beauty of Chandni Chowk. As this walk comes to an end, you would leave this captivating strip of Old Delhi, enriched with the knowledge of a place that has seemingly transformed with the passage of time, yet somehow, still managed to retain the charm of a bygone era.Read more
- Well seasoned and proficient host to guide you through the history of Delhi
- All taxes and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
- Recommended gratuities
- Camera usage fees in historic sites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Best place to visit
Every Indian in their life must visit Akshardham especially the boat ride that makes us proud and inspires us to st…
Did the cooking class today, learnt so much and the food was delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone coming to …
Bumpy road from vandiperiyar, mostly full of lemongrass forest ride. Dangerous off road drive, with no roads. One w…
Silk Tour and Old Bangaluru
I had the opportunity to visit parts of the city that I never would have visited on my own as a solo traveler. Fro…
Avoid priests and celebrants
Pushkar's lake is beautiful. The priests and consorts who entice you to make an offering, or puja, by the lake side…
Informative, eventful and a memorable activity :)
The walk was nicely organized and structured by the Wandertrails local supplier. The activity is a complete package…
A refreshing experience!
I wanted to try something really different this time for my upcoming trip to Munnar. So I googled for some unique a…
Quiet, beautiful picnic spot
The drive to the south of Goa to this ancient Shiva temple is beautiful. The place itself has a gushing brook to wa…
While at Mangaladass, got this wonderful opportunity to visit the market as well. Fruits and vegetables here are in…
Incredible…no other word justify the performance of Kathakali dancers… It was a great experience of Kerala tour ar…
An incredible behind the scenes tour of Old Bangalore and its silk industry
We spent a great morning touring parts of the city that we would never be able to find our own. We got to see the p…
An adventurous drive to remember....
We took a jeep (Mahindra) from near the Periyar reserve and went to Sathram. It was a fantastic drive. It may not b…
Watching master craftsmen at work
After some confusion on meeting place, I had a great tour with Ali. As a solo female traveler it was great to get …
Fantastic Bike Ride!
The bike ride was fantastic! We were able to experience smaller communities, enjoy the the agriculture and families…
Best organizers for a enjoyable tours
We have booked our 10 day Rajasthan trip with Wandertrails between January 2nd to 13th 2017. From the beginning the…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071