Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
See the color and traditions as you visit the local indigenous communities of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan where you will have plenty of time to wander around the local artisan markets and peek inside the beautifully preserved churches. Your tour includes transport, a professional guide, and a "mini-lunch" of beans, handmade tortillas, organic coffee, and a drink typical of the region.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1San Juan ChamulaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Church of St. Juan BautistaStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Iglesia de San LorenzoStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4ZinacantanStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5San Cristobal de las CasasStop: 2 hoursSee details
- 6Museo Jtatik SamuelStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Mini traditional lunch (beans, organic coffee, hand made tortillas and drink typical of the region)
- Professional guide
- Entrances Fees to the Villages
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Juan Bautista
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de San Lorenzo
- Entry/Admission - Zinacantan
- Entry/Admission - Museo Jtatik Samuel
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Note: It is forbidden to take pictures inside the church
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- Museo Jtatik Samuel working everyday except Monday.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
San Juan Chamula is a Mayan town with it's OWN form of government so please make sure to abide by the local rules that any tour guide will give you. A visit into the San Juan Bautista Church will bring a sense of tranquility and calm to your soul as the church is filled with…
Date of experience: March 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Sumidero Canyon–another of Mexico's beautiful treasures!
So beautiful, an amazing experience and a perfect day! Almost didn't see it because of the wind, so it is not alway…
Spent five days here (one day to get in, one to get out, and three full days birding various trails). Tremendous bi…
Scam company DO NOT book
Booked this tour on their website, never received a confirmation. Waited a few days to ask, then they respond that …
Tour cancelled, never got our money back! 300 dollars down the drain...
Worst experience ever! We booked a tour which on the website looked like it's still available, 2 days in advance. T…
Stunning canyon but boat offers no shade
There might be other ways to book this boat ride and pay less. The lunch included was not on the river but at a res…
Avoid the tour to the Cañón on a private boat from Chiapa del Corzo. Rip off.
The moment we neared the boat landing we were bombarded by salespeople selling tours for the Cañón de Sumidero. Bec…
Not Worth it
We booked the tour as we wanted to have All the information about the Canyon and the surroundings so we decided to …
We went in a group of 4, tickets to go on the boat just cost 36MXN but the driver will ask for a tip half way throu…
Visit to Waterfalls and Palenque @Chiapas
Certainly is a trip you must do when going to Chiapas !!! Palenque is beautiful and so worth it to visit (you shoul…
Palenque and waterfalls tour
DONT GET INTO THE TRAP! We paid 80$ USD per person to have the tour in English, so at 8:00 am as indicated the driv…
Beautiful scenic boat ride
This is definitely worth doing if you go to Chiapas. The van-based packages work well. From your hotel to the lau…
This is a MUST. if you are visiting San Cristobal de las Casas or Tuxtla Gutierrez, This is a trip that you must ta…
Fun half day tour of Sumidero Canyon and Chiapa de Corzo
During my visit to San Cristobal de las Casas I almost missed this tour because of a mix up in the hotel I was stay…
The good, the bad & the eccentric
This tour includes a lot and, as you'd expect, means it's a long day. Very early morning pick up times from Palenqu…
Four of us old-timers stayed five nights at the Hotel La Ceiba in Chiapa de Corzo, a very old and interesting commu…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
from CA$26.36* CA$32.96
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 262 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla.
What time does Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. start?
Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla.?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. on Tripadvisor
How much is Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla.?
Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. price starts from C$71.00. Discover and book Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. on Tripadvisor
What is the Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. cancellation policy?
Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Indigenous Villages Chamula Zinacantan Leaving From Tuxtla. on Tripadvisor