Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (29)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Take in great views of Santa Barbara and get a bit of exercise in the process with this kayaking adventure. You'll start with a safety and paddling demonstration from your guide, followed by a trip out through the harbor. You may even spot seals, sea lions, and marine birds along the way.
- Get great views of Santa Barbara with this kayaking tour
- A local guide will escort you along the Santa Barbara coast
- Paddling instruction will be provided before you launch
- All safety equipment, including wetsuits, will be provided
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All associated kayaking gear (wet suit, PFD, helmet, paddle, etc.
- Knowledgeable guide and discussion of natural history/marine ecology
- Spectacular views of Santa Barbara
- Personal expenses
- Parking is $2.00 per hour, maximum $12.00 per car.
- Gratuity for your guide(s) - While optional it is very much appreciated and to be given at your discretion in return for their leadership, expertise, and professionalism.You can tip the guide in cash or via credit card at the end of your tour as you feel appropriate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your contact number is international please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- Although we offer dry bags to help keep gear dry, everything that comes on the kayaking trip runs the risk of getting wet. We therefore recommend that you only bring personal gear that can get wet or damp during the trip. Items that must stay dry such as cameras or other electronic devices, change of clothes or personal belongings should stay in your vehicle.
- What you will need:
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A hat with a brim.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- 1-quart (or greater) water bottle filled with water - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle.
- Wet shoes such as "Tevas" or "Aqua Socks" or an old pair of tennies.
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- A beach towel
- Waterproof camera (recyclable).(optional)
- Polyester shirt or other synthetic clothing (layering). (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Kyle was so thorough, I felt prepared and comfortable getting on the water. Once out paddling, he shared so much history and amazing information about Santa Barbara. I'm new to town. I just loved listening to everything he had to say about the boats, the creation of the harbor,…
Date of experience: June 2020
This was the first time kayaking for us. Aubrey was a great guide, very knowledgeable and a good instructor. It was about 60 degrees so we wore wet suits which made the trip comfortable. Once we left the harbor, the water was a bit rough and challenging.
Date of experience: December 2019
So much fun!! Our guide was wonderful. We could tell that he was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, the island itself, and even with reading the water. We were tempted at first to rent our own kayaks since it's a bit cheaper, but we're so glad we took the tour. We've…
Date of experience: September 2019
I had the opportunity to finally go camping on Santa Cruz Island. It was beautiful! The island offers a rustic beauty, expansive sunsets, endemic species like island foxes that get so close to you!, plenty of hiking, snorkeling, and sea cave kayaking with Santa Barbara Adventure…
Date of experience: October 2019
Our guide Elise was very personable and informative. She was also very aware of the other kayakers different abilities and made sure everyone felt comfortable and were able to accomplish all their goals for the day. We would recommend this company to everyone!
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Santa Barbara Adventure Company
Our guide was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would not go again as the price of $150 per person was way too muc…
Great tasting tour!
We loved our shuttle experience! It was so nice to have the destinations chosen for us (one less thing to plan), an…
great kayaking excursion
wonderful guide, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Santa Cruz island is beautiful.Really enjoyed our kayaking excursi…
Prisoner’s Harbor Kayak Tour
Our entire experience was awesome - from Ventura check-in to the boat ride to the island (lots of dolphins) to our …
Peaceful Kayaking in the Harbor
This was an easy and informative two-hour paddle in the harbor. Our guide, Caco, was excellent. He knew a lot abo…
Hugely enjoyed our wine tour with Matt!
We took the wine tour between Xmas and New Years. The weather was terrific and our guide Matt — an artist, young fa…
Sea Kayaking --wonderful day exploring Channel Islands
My daughter and I had a grand adventure with the sea kayaking tour of Santa Cruz Island. Our guide was knowledgeabl…
Great guides and a top notch operation
A friend and I went on the Adventure Sea Cave Tour on Santa Cruz Island. It was an excellent experience with a ver…
friendly and knowledgable guide
We loved talking to our enthusiastic guide, and we took photos of some wildlife. We would have liked to have seen …
Great way to explore the Channel Islands
The kayak tour on the Channel islands was great. the tour guide was very good. The company should pay the guides …
Awesome surf lesson
We were visiting Santa Barbara from the UK with our 7 and 8 year old children. We had a surf lesson with Marc and e…
Extraordinary experience inside the cave and outside with the whales, dolphins,seal and all sea life
Adventure Sea Cave Kayak Tour - Santa Cruz Island
We had the best time on this tour! Our guide Spencer was so helpful and knowledgable! This was such a unique, amazi…
great trip kayaking at Santa Cruz island Scorpion anchorage
Everything was very well organized from check in, through safety, actual kayaking, and finishing up. Very enjoyabl…
Our experience was great with the Adventure Company. Easy to book and very helpful when we continued to call for di…
- Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara Harbor
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 134 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Barbara Kayak Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Santa Barbara Kayak Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Santa Barbara Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Santa Barbara Kayak Tour?
Santa Barbara Kayak Tour price starts from US$63.47. Discover and book Santa Barbara Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Santa Barbara Kayak Tour cancellation policy?
Santa Barbara Kayak Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Santa Barbara Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Santa Barbara Kayak Tour?
Santa Barbara Kayak Tour is hosted by Santa Barbara Adventure Company. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Santa Barbara Adventure Company on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Santa Barbara Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor