You'll be paddling a modern canoe on a mostly gentle river though the Thousand Hills for which Rwanda is so famous. Meandering through a lush, fertile valley with abundant birds and friendly farmers working their fields, you'll gain a unique view of rural life. We don't stop off along the way but as we float around each new corner, there's something new to see.
We offer a pick up in central Musanze, will take you to the river, pick you up afterwards and bring you back to town. We also supply modern, new buoyancy aids and have a qualified guide who will look after you on the water. We have a waterproof camera which will be used to take photos that will then be shared with you shortly afterwards.
The whole trip from pick up to return lasts about 4 hours and don't worry, there are no hippos or crocs in the water.
• No experience is needed, but you should be reasonably fit and mobile. So, for example, if you've trekked to see the gorillas or are happy to ride a bicycle around town, this trip should be suitable for you.
• We need to leave promptly, so please be ready on time. There are no refunds for missed departures.
• Bring a hat, sunscreen and wear light clothes - such as shorts and a t–shirt that can get wet. A raincoat is also a good idea in the wet season.
• Most people go barefoot in the canoes, but footwear is necessary for when you get out at the end. Sandals work well and flip flops are ok.
• Please leave behind your jewellery, phones, cameras and anything else that could be damaged by water or lost if it doesn't float!
• Subject to availability, you can meet and pay the guide on the day, but, we don't offer discounts for cash sales.
• In the wet season, whilst mornings are usually dry, it's common for there to be rain in the afternoons. Thunderstorms tend to pass quickly, so we don't cancel trips because it's raining - even if it is heavy rain.