View all photos (73)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This Charlotte Segway excursion lets you see more in less time than if you were to take a walking tour. Zoom through the area to see Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, the Mint Museum, and Gantt Center. Plus, you can choose to extend your tour to see even more sights for just a few extra bucks.
- Cover more ground in Charlotte's Uptown neighborhood during this Segway tour
- A how-to-ride overview lets you feel confident before you steer a Segway
- Choose from two tour durations, depending on your preferences
- See Charlotte’s popular sights with a guide who tells you fun facts as you ride
What to Expect
This Charlotte Segway tour meets inside the Overstreet Mall. Arrive about 30 minutes before your tour time. Once you get set up with a helmet and a Segway, listen to a short overview of how to safely drive your Segway. Out on the streets, follow your guide around the Uptown neighborhood. Catch sight of popular attractions, such as Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, the Mint Museum, and Gantt Center. If you’ve chosen to extend your tour, additional sights, such as the stadium home of the Carolina Panthers and two cemeteries will be seen, too. Your Segway tour in Charlotte ends back at the original meeting spot.
101 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28280, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Use of helmet
- Segway training
- Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte
- 1.5 or 2 hour tour options available
- Enjoy Charlotte’s diverse architecture and urban design as you explore its streets
- See top Charlotte sights and neighborhoods such as the Mint Museum and the Historic 4th Ward
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- MUST arrive 30-minutes early for Segway training prior to tour time.
- Minimum age is 12 years old AND MUST WEIGH AT LEAST 100 lbs.
- Participants under 18, they MUST be with a parent or responsible party 21yrs or older AND have a signed waiver from a parent
- Minimum weight is 100lbs so the Segway computer can respond to your movement.
- Maximum weight is 260lbs.
- Dress code: wear comfortable closed toe shoes, weather appropriate layers, and no hats
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT Segway tour participants!
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
LOVED IT. Our tour guide Rod was awesome. I'm from Charlotte and will do this tour again. It was that fun and I learned a ton of new things about Charlotte.
Date of experience: August 2020
Great Segway tour! Had a lot of fun learning about the city and seeing some of the historic sights as well as parks. James was a great tour guide who was very hospitable and made the learning fun.
We had a blast on the 90 min segway tour with Rod. The segway was easy to ride and we received plenty of practice time prior to the tour. We got to see so much of Charlotte in a short period of time . Rod was a great guide offering lots of history, local information and…
The combination of riding a Segway and learning about Charlotte is a perfect way to tour the Queen City. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. He balanced speaking about the city and riding time on the Segways. The tour is also good for anyone who has never ridden a Segway. …
Date of experience: July 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Charlotte NC Tours
Highly recommend the Charlotte NC Tours! Todd was a gracious and knowledgeable guide. With most attractions closed …
Some but not all of the sites visited
We really liked our experience, but it seemed like we delayed a long time at several stops. When I visited the to…
did the historical segway tour nice laid back Rod did a great job! learned about ‘first in freedom’ that we were…
Segway and James were awesome
my cousin and I participated in the Segway tour. James was our tour guide and he was excellent. This was my first t…
Awesome way to kill few hours while waiting for layover :)
Rod was very welcoming and entertaining. He showed us pretty spots in town and was full of historical facts :) We e…
Best guide and overall view of the city!!!
IF YOU’RE LOOKING TO GET OUT AND STILL MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING THEN LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Jo was AMAZING and so kno…
Rod gave us a fabulous tour!
Fell in love with Charlotte on a Segway tour! This is the second time we’ve toured a city on Segway - it’s a fun wa…
SO MUCH FUN!!
Lucas was an excellent guide! I am new to North Carolina and Charlotte so it was wonderful that he was so knowledge…
Fun Segway Tour of Charlotte
Segway Tour of Uptown Charlotte. Three of my colleagues and I took part of in a Segway Tour of Charlotte with Rod. …
Don't miss Charlotte activity!
I've done this twice & I love it. The training at the beginning gets you comfortable with the Segway, and by the en…
Great way to get to know the city
Thanks Lucas for an informative and entertaining tour. In particular the architecture and older history of Charlott…
Fun & educational
Charlotte is very clean and we enjoyed the history of the city. Rod was a great tour guide, look forward to another…
Holiday light tour
We had a great time. Lucas was a great guide. He was very helpful and educated on the city. Would recommend to l…
Segway holiday light tour
Lucas provided a phenomenal tour of uptown Charlotte and the holiday lights. Provided bits of interesting Charlott…
Husband & Wife Trip
We took 2 tours on 12/11/19. This was my husbands first Segway trip around Charlotte. Our first tour was around the…
- Charlotte NC Tours, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, and 6 more
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte
Which attractions will I visit with Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte?
How much is Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte?
Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte price starts from US$60.00. Discover and book Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte on Tripadvisor
What is the Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte cancellation policy?
Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte?
Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte is hosted by Charlotte NC Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Charlotte NC Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte on Tripadvisor