Secrets and surprises abound! Get away from it all and immerse yourself in some of the most scenic, least-visited, and historical parts in the best Central Park walking tour in New York City, The tour is all above 100th Street and below 110th Street. "Secret Places of Central Park".
The majestic 843 acre, man-made, 2.5 mile long park, set in the center of the largest city in the United States continues to astound. As a New Yorker or visitor, you might have seen the Lake and Bethesda Fountain, but this tour, the Secret Places of Central Park will take you to secret places that will surprise you with delight. This walking tour is conducted by a licensed New York City tour guide with 20 years experience.
You will be amazed as you…
• Explore the forest of the North Woods.
• Visit the Secret Garden of the formal Conservatory Gardens
• Hear about the history and see the grounds of a convent built on the site of Central Park
• “Look out” for invaders as you stand high on fortresses from the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812
• Overlook the scenic vistas of the Harlem Meer
• Tread the same ground that General George Washington rode on before he re-entered New York City
• Stroll under awe-inspiring arches
• Find peace and tranquility along the beautiful Loch and waterfalls
You’ll learn the fascinating history of the park and gain an even greater appreciation for what the creators Frederick Law Olmstead, Calvert Vaux and commissioner, Andrew Haswell Green accomplished 160 years ago. You will understand how the park was designed. This tour is a must for all lovers of New York City and Central Park.