Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Savannah has such a storied past that exploring its historic district without a guide may mean overlooking important architecture and monuments. On this small-group walking tour, see the sights with a lifelong Savannah resident to ensure you cover the highlights and learn their backstories. Admire the city’s antebellum mansions, unravel its African-American past, and hear tales of Civil War heroes and other figures who shaped the city through the centuries.
- You'll start atTelfair Square121 Barnard St, Savannah, GA 31401, USATour departs from the NW corner of Telfair Square, across the street from the Telfair Academy of Arts and Sciences (121 Barnard St., Savannah, GA 31401)See address & details
- 1Franklin SquareStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byCity Market
- 2Ellis SquareStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Johnson SquareStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 4Wright SquareStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Chippewa SquareStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 6Madison SquareStop: 25 minutesSee details
- 7Monterey SquareStop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll end atMonterey SquareSavannah, GA 31401, USASee address & details
- See Savannah’s historic district with a local on a small-group walking tour
- Ensure you cover the landmarks and spot easy-to-overlook details and places
- See houses, statues, and churches; and visit Monterey Square and City Market
- Hear tales of past residents you might miss alone on a tour capped at 10
Telfair Square, 121 Barnard St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Monterey Square, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible - please note in the Special Requirements field when making a booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My children were curious about seeing where I grew up. So when I discovered Bonnie was doing virtual walking tours I was excited! I let Bonnie know before hand that I had younger children and she planned the walk around what would interest them. She took us around downtown and…
Date of experience: May 2020
Bonnie was a great tour guide. She was informative and funny. I would recommend this as a way to get a nice overview of Savannah history and knowledge about its historic district.
Date of experience: March 2020
Bonnie's Tour of Historic Savannah was as good a tour as my wife I have experienced. Bonnie is completely on top of her subject (the beautiful Savannah) and delivers it with ease and a lovely sense of humor. We would wholeheartedly recommend this tour.
Date of experience: March 2020
This tour was great. Lots of history and knowledge and our guide was fun and lively. This tour is a wonderful way to get to know the area and learn about the history and see the BEAUTIFUL SITES of Savannah while doing so. I would highly recommend this tour at the beginning of…
Date of experience: February 2020
Today I toured Savannah with Bonnie on a 4 hour private tour. The breath of her knowledge about this city it’s history, architecture and ambience was amazing! She was a pleasure to have as a guide and made the history come to life. I highly recommend you contact her your…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Bonnie Blue Walking Tours of Savannah
Fun tour with tasty drinks
Bonnie was so knowledgeable and led a great tour of Savannah. The stops for drinks were tasty and Bonnie was patien…
Amazing history lesson while having a delightful spirit in hand!
All of it was my favorite! I enjoyed hearing all the history of every building, every owner of the house and histor…
OMG!!!!! This was such a SUPER tour.... Bonnie was absolutely AWESOME!!!! If you're ever in Savannah, PLEASE, PLEAS…
Very fun, educational and tasty tour
This was so much fun. Bonnie did a great job of the history of the city and the history of the drinks we were drin…
Time well spent!
Bonnie had such great humor. She delivered the history of Savannah in such a unique way that kept us intrigued. Ver…
Great Historical Walking Tour, with Drinks
My wife and I took the Lightly Sauced Tour of Savannah. Bonnie was a great tour guide, and was very knowledgeable a…
Historical drinking tour of Savannah
Bonnie was very knowledgeable and fun To hang with. I didn't expect to enjoy the Mead Tasting at The Savannah Bee C…
Amazing tasting and historical tour
We booked the Lightly Sauced Tour of Savannah with Bonnie as part of our trip to Savannah and it was one of the hig…
A wonderful tour.
Bonnie's tour was packed with interesting information, and fun! If we ever return to Savannah we vowed to book her…
Had great drinks & left w great knowledge
Bonnie did a wonderful job making the itinerary and we loved all of the drinks. My moms favorite was the Madeira, I…
Great tour of the city, informative and great food and drinks! Lovely getting insight from a Savannah local!
Great tour guide
We had a fantastic time with Bonnie and really enjoyed learning a lot of history while enjoying some beverages. B…
A fun way to learn about Savannah’s history
Although the tour is slightly more expensive than some of the other tours, I really felt it was a great value for t…
Interesting, fun and different kind of tour
Bonnie was very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of history about the area and the libations. It was very nice to st…
My Favorite Tour
We took three tours in Savannah and this was my favorite, by far. It is not a pub crawl. Bonnie knows her Savannah…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 3,148 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 530 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,302 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District
What time does Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District start?
Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District?
How much is Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District?
Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District price starts from C$60.60. Discover and book Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District on Tripadvisor
What is the Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District cancellation policy?
Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Stroll with a Local through Savannah's Historic District on Tripadvisor