View all photos (60)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Combine your aurora borealis tour with a relaxing spa treatment for the ultimate northern lights experience from Fairbanks. While waiting for dark skies, choose from activities at Chena Hot Springs Resort such as a soak in natural mineral water pools and a look at the Aurora Ice Museum. Your guide then takes your small group to the most promising locations for viewing the northern lights, with warm beverages provided.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Aurora Ice MuseumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Chena Hot Springs ResortStop: 9 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Includes admission to Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Choose to look for the northern lights from outdoor or indoor locations
- Relax in hot spring pools while waiting for total darkness
- Hotel pickup and drop-off provided
- Local Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Access to Chena Hot Springs Resorts' hot springs, hot tubs and swimming area
- Entry/Admission - Aurora Ice Museum
- Entry/Admission - Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Food & drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in cold weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Please don't forget to bring bathing suits, bath towels, at least 2 quarter for each locker and a picture id for the cocktail in the ice museum. (has to be purchased separately)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- The outside rock pool is only allowed for Adults 18 years and up. However, children are allowed in the inside pool.
- Pregnant travelers are not allowed in the outside rock pool.
- We have enough room for a foldable wheelchair. The hot springs are wheelchair accessible.
- We can only pick you up from inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. Everyone else can be picked up at the Walmart parking lot in Fairbanks or the North Pole hotel.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
The guide Bob was very gently and I was truly relaxed and enjoyed resort. The hot spring was good and spacious. Ice museum and the bar was wonderful. The restaurant dinner was also pretty good.
Date of experience: March 2020
Although it was a hazy night where we didn't get to see the northern lights, everything else was great. The mineral springs felt amazing and the ice museum was quite interesting.
Date of experience: March 2020
Thus excursion is good value for the money. We didn't rent a car, so the hotel pickup/ drop off was invaluable. The van was a bit cold and the windows were frosted over on the inside, so you couldn't really watch the scenery. The guide was very friendly and talkative. He even…
I had a tour booked to see the northern lights and hot springs on my 21st birthday, but was cancelled on the DAY OF the tour! I had no other option then as all other tour places need at least 24hours notice to organise the trip. I missed out on the hot springs and the northern…
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from Rainer Z, Owner at Northern Lights and Chena Hot Springs Tour from Fairbanks
Responded 3 weeks ago
Dear Nixon, Thank you for leaving us your feedback again. We are sorry that you had this experience with us. However, our policy explains it very well, that we cannot drive out, unless we have reached the minimum capacity of our tours. In addition to that, the Viator voucher states, that our guests are required to call at least 24 hours before tour begin to confirm the tour and receive the exact pick up time. This also gives you the opportunity to receive all needed information, especially with a last-minute booking like in this case. Unfortunately, this was not done and due the non-working phone number we had on file; we weren’t able to reach out. This is the reason, why we had to send out an e mail a day before tour begin, to inform you about the cancellation. After still not receiving a response, we had to go ahead and cancel at the day of the tour, because we had no other way of reaching out to you. Regarding your refund, we have contacted Viator to send your money out at the time of the cancellation. We just reconfirmed this again and received the notice that your refund was indeed sent out immediately. Please recheck your account. Again, we are sorry, and this is not how we like to handle things at our company. If we would be a scam, we believe we would know about this. Greetings from North Pole, your AWG team.
Was a great experience overall. The ice carvings were interesting and I did learn some things however would have been much more interesting if an actual carver was on hand for the questions and possibly a short demo. The hot springs themselves were incredible and were…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Alaska-Wildlife-Guide - Day Tours
Visited Pipeline, Yukon River Camp, Arctic Circle, etc. The guide Jake was very friendly and polite. Finally, I cou…
I joined all four of their aurora tours. All of them are excellent and recommended, but I'd say this is the best on…
Extremely flexible and helpful
I was coordinating a group of 8 people, each with different priorities. Sylvia worked very hard to design a trip t…
Trip to Arctic Circle
We booked Alaska Wildlife Guide for a driving trip to the Arctic Circle during our winter Alaska trip. It was an a…
Bad customer service
We booked a tour for Northern lights a due to Corona virus we aren't allowed to make the trip and they didn't wante…
Artic Circle Tour
Last week we took a tour from Fairbanks to the Artic Circle, We got picked up at our Hotel at noon and there were …
Best snowmobiled EVER!
Heather was absolutely amazing 😉. She was fun, personable, loving and just all around great. She continued to chec…
The snowmobile tour was awesome! Heather was our guide and she was the best!! Would definitely do it again!!!
Heather was awesome! She was fun and patient with us since we never did this before. Would do it again. In a minute…
Mohammed Alghan... M00
Amazing!you should try it😁, they take you to multiple great places for pictures and easy to drive! Worth it.
Really great experience, our guide Heather was very attentive and friendly. There was no set route and she catered …
Getting nutty on the snow mobile
Was a great experience, glad we did this. Next time we will go for longer. Heather was a great tour guide, a lot of…
Heather was the best guide we could’ve asked for.
We had so much fun! Great guide, great machines and nothing but the best vibes in the most beautiful landscape
Great driver but no lights
We got a great driver she was nice. we just paid $95 to sit in a van, I wished that if you didn't see the lights th…
The tour guide knew a lot about the alaskan pipeline and Alaska. He drove very careful made sure we were all warm a…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071